Ebay parrot scam?

Shawna

I was just checking out ebay and the seller of this auction claims this palette has parrot in it. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this colour jewel blue? If so, man, I hate ebay sometimes.
angry.gif
Some sellers should be shot for false representation. Some poor unsuspecting person might bid on that thinking they are getting Parrot.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31795&item =5573460935&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW[/url]

Shawna

That's my point..........I don't think that is the jewel palette. I think it might be the dazzle palette. Check out the difference between the two palettes with this link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
The palette they show is a different one. Parrot should be on the end, not the middle........unless it was released differently in the States than it was in Canada. It isn't really even a big deal except that I sell stuff on ebay and it is so frustrating when people misrepresent stuff. Of course, it is early, I haven't had much coffee, and could totally be out of my mind. Wouldn't be the first time
oh.gif
ops:

*Stargazer*

Shawna, the picture in the first link you've posted looks exactly like the Cool Eyes palette I have sitting on my desk.

Shawna

so does that mean it has parrot in it? I just want parrot so bad and don't want to be burned.

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna
That's my point..........I don't think that is the jewel palette. I think it might be the dazzle palette. Check out the difference between the two palettes with this link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
The palette they show is a different one. Parrot should be on the end, not the middle........unless it was released differently in the States than it was in Canada. It isn't really even a big deal except that I sell stuff on ebay and it is so frustrating when people misrepresent stuff. Of course, it is early, I haven't had much coffee, and could totally be out of my mind. Wouldn't be the first time
oh.gif
ops:

dude, u r totally right.. that's NOT the jewel palette! the jewel palette has parrot as the last shadow!!! THAT AIN'T IT!! wow! i hope no one falls for this!
icon_eek.gif

glittergoddess27

I am feeling witchy today. I signed in to Ebay and pointed out to the seller that was NOT the holiday Jewel. We shall see if they change it. Makes me mad that they would do that to people!

Shawna

You are great. I wanted to do that, but I just didn't have the nerve b/c I wasn't 100% certain they were scamming. Of course, I know they are now. ARRRRGGGHHH. Bad ebayer! I hope nobody falls for that scam.

glittergoddess27

See the seller' reply:

"Dear glittergoddess27,

You asked:
"Is this really the Holiday palette? It looks like the "Cool Eyes" palette from the pic,.... Picture is misleading? The Holiday palette did not have a color that was nearly black in it?"

Uh oh, i think i messed up"

View this listing now to bid or purchase this item.

Item # Item Title Listing end date

5573460935 MAC Jewel EyeShadow Palette NEW ~RARE~~Parrot included Apr-21-05

jeannette

Some people do make mistakes...we ought to give them a leeway sometimes.
smiles.gif
She has changed the item description, yay! Thanks for writing her, glittergoddess27.

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by glittergoddess27
See the seller' reply:

"Dear glittergoddess27,

You asked:
"Is this really the Holiday palette? It looks like the "Cool Eyes" palette from the pic,.... Picture is misleading? The Holiday palette did not have a color that was nearly black in it?"

Uh oh, i think i messed up"

View this listing now to bid or purchase this item.

Item # Item Title Listing end date

5573460935 MAC Jewel EyeShadow Palette NEW ~RARE~~Parrot included Apr-21-05

U ROCK glittergoddess!!!! it's true tho, she probably just made a mistake...

Shawna

You rock glittergoddess!! I am happy someone won't get burned on this now. It was probaby a mistake if she was so willing to change the description. :p

mac_obsession

Quote:
I was just checking out ebay and the seller of this auction claims this palette has parrot in it. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this colour jewel blue? If so, man, I hate ebay sometimes.
angry.gif
Some sellers should be shot for false representation. Some poor unsuspecting person might bid on that thinking they are getting Parrot.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31795&item =5573460935&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW[/url]

This palette says it has jewel blue in it..not parrot. She obviously updated it but who knows.

Now to address the issue of the printout vs the gemstone palette...Saks Fifth Avenue did a reproduction of the printout, same colors just different packaging...Instead of the printout they were the same as the holiday gem palettes...Colored cases with the MAC logo in swarovski crystals...But they have exactly the same colors as the (cool eye/warm eye) printouts. The 6 eyes Jewel has parrot in it but the Saks remake of the printout has Jewel blue in it... The printout has Look See, Crystal, Jewel Blue, Li'Lilly, Idol Eyes and Black Tied

There are also some that say the two (Jewel blue and parrot-or maybe it was kicky blue) are identical. They arent to me, in looking at the Jewel and printout side by side...
http://www.specktra.net/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=504
http://www.specktra.net/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=505

*Stargazer*

I noticed that it looked like the Printout palette, except that it wasn't silver and black on the edges. Good to know I'm not going nuts and it really is different LOL

glittergoddess27

Quote:
You rock glittergoddess!! I am happy someone won't get burned on this now. It was probaby a mistake if she was so willing to change the description. :p

And that is exactly why I wasn't mean about it, just made a point.. people do make mistakes,.. they could have been pulling a pic from the gallery and grabbed the wrong one? I am glad they changed it! I know I am soooo about getting exactly what I want I would have been devastated to think I was getting one and get the other.