ebay problem - no idea if it goes here!

splattergirl

sooo, I bought something from a low fb seller, she had 100% and the item sold for more than website retail, anyway, I paid, don't remember if she contacted me afterwards, I didn't get a delivery confirmation and she unregistered later! something like 16 days passed, she's from canada and I am from europe, sometimes things take longer to arrive but I got worried and started a paypal dispute, in fact since she wasn't ebay registered there wasn't a first step but a claim right away which was to be investigated until 26th this month, they sent it also to her but in these 2-3 days she didn't take any action.
what happens if item doesn't arrive and she doesn't reply?
since paypal is ebay owned, do they return me money only if she has it on her account or they refund somehow anyway?
any help is greatly appreciated
smiles.gif

kittykit

You meant she's no longer registered on eBay anymore?

I've filed a dispute with eBay and Paypal but I've never experienced with buying something from a buyer who unregistered herself.

I hope you get the refund.

panda0410

If paypal finds in your favour - and they prob will since she is no longer registered - then you should be awarded yopur claim. If she has emptied her account though you wont see funds until she credits her account - which could be never.

UNLESS you paid via a CC then you can actually lodge a claim with the card issue (mastercard, visa) etc and paypal will then HAVE to refund you and eat the loss themselves since the backcharges will come from the bank that issued the card!

splattergirl

it was paid through a mastercard cc but I really don't know how to do this bank stuff and here in croatia I doubt the banks would really do anything for me, hope paypal can give me at least something back if I never see her item
th_dunno.gif

terramishu

That really sucks.
I thought that if the person is no longer an ebay registered user and has also emptied their paypal account, I thought that you won't be able to get your money back.

Once I received something fake from a seller, I filed a dispute and luckily I got my money back. It wasn't cosmetics, it was a freaking cell phone. I'm talking about couple hundreds! Lucky me man... I'm never going to buy expensive things from ebay ever again, even though the person had great feedback.

coachkitten

Why does ebay offer buyer protection when it really doesn't protect you? Obviously if someone is scamming they most likely won't put money in their paypal to cover the money that it owed to the buyer.

I agree that you should report it to paypal.

splattergirl

it is reported, 3 days ago, and she didn't give any signs of life yet!
I mean, paypal should refund out of their own funds because it was an ebay transaction and not something else like specktra or other stuff, I mean, everyone who uses ebay should get protected if they're telling the truth and if the seller isn't cooperative, it just doesn't sound normal paypal/ebay would let someone bear a loss of for example few hundred $$ without any reason
thmbdn.gif

abbyquack

^^ I agree, I think their little "buyer protection" clause is so pointless. I told you earlier how I had the same thing happen- luckily, the seller refunded my $ but it didn't happen too quickly iirc, so I guess just patience is all you can do, but I will cross my fingers for you that it works out!
smiles.gif

splattergirl

Dear xy,

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favor.

We were able to recover $78.00 USD and this amount has been credited to
you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

for now they didn't say anything about her having insufficient funds
th_worship.gif

wonder if they usually say right away when they complete their investigation that the seller doesn't have enough funds or only after those five business days?
cry.gif

X4biddenxLustX

I'm surprised. I read a lot about paypal/ebay going in the favor of the buyer in practically every situation rather than the seller when it comes to issues regarding money. Eh, this makes me a bit wary now.

I'm just glad it looks like your going to be getting your money back though!