Ebay Problem--What should I do?

babiid0llox

Well this is my very boring story hehe but yeah advice on what to do would be much appreciated.

Well I ordered 3 items off ebay- a dress, a pair of shorts and a jacket. When I recieved them the dress was in perfect condition however the jacket has these filthy black stains/smudges all over it and the shorts have small tears in them. The photos in the listing didn't show these faults nor was it listed as such. The seller refused to refund me even though I was going to send it back to them at my own expense, so I opened up a paypal dispute.

The dispute was escalated to a claim and now Paypal has decided that I must return the items via a postage method that can be tracked at my own expense. But this would mean that half of my refund would be gone AND they say that they cannot guarantee they can recover all the funds from the seller.

Should I just send it back or should I just leave it??
ssad.gif
It's not fair, I didn't even do anything wrong why am I being penalised?

User49

Just be sure to give that gurl some well deserved negative feedback! xx Sounds like either way you are going to loose out. That sux man. Sorry to hear it. xx

MACATTAK

What an awful seller! They should be picking up the tab on the return shipping, since it was their failure to accurately describe the condition of the items. They definitely deserve negative feedback!

COBI

Is delivery confirmation acceptable? If you were planning to return them your expense initially, I know when I add delivery confirmation at the post office, it is only like another $1.50 or so.

babiid0llox

^^
What service is that exactly? All I know of is registered post and when shipping internationally you can buy insurance but send it via regular post 0_o I'm in Australia btw. Oh also I originally agreed to send it back at my own expense via regular (much cheaper) but registered is significay much more.

Thanks for all of your responses.
smiles.gif
Suppose I should just leave them a negative. Really sucks though cuz the jacket is disgusting
thud.gif
and the seller gets away with this.

COBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by babiid0llox
^^
What service is that exactly? All I know of is registered post and when shipping internationally you can buy insurance but send it via regular post 0_o I'm in Australia btw. Oh also I originally agreed to send it back at my own expense via regular (much cheaper) but registered is significay much more.

Thanks for all of your responses.
smiles.gif
Suppose I should just leave them a negative. Really sucks though cuz the jacket is disgusting
thud.gif
and the seller gets away with this.

My bad... I missed the Sydney part in the sidebar. Delivery Confirmation is something you can add to any package in the US.

It's the one thing I hate about ebay: if you really have a negative experience, and mark it as such, the seller can then just retaliate and give you negative feedback whether you deserve it or not. So, I've never marked anything less than neutral. But I make sure my description/message is clear on the issue.

Girl about town

i think the rules have changed im pretty sure only buyers can leave negative feedback now sellers cannot!!! correct me if im wrong!

COBI

^^I didn't know if that had happened or was just being discussed because I know there were a lot of sellers who were legitimately not happy about that concept. I don't blame them because there are some buyers who DO deserve negative feedback, and sellers should have the right to "warn" other sellers about these buyers.

Divinity

I had a couple experiences similar, unfortunately. Paypal is required to say they may not be able to recover all funds, but in most cases, they are able. I'm in no way promising this in your case, however, half a refund is better than none. Paypal also wants a tracking number for these disputes, delivery confirmation is seemingly not enough and I don't know why.

My recommendation is to send it back with tracking and get some kind of a refund, because if you just leave it there is no proof backing your negative experience with the seller. By going through all this, the transaction will be noted on their Paypal account and ebay account as I'm sure you will leave negative feedback that is TOTALLY deserved.

Brittni

^^ ITA. That is REALLY messed up on their part and I wouldn't let them get away with it. If the items are as disgusting as they sound then getting some money back is better than none. I know it might seem like a hassle, but in the long run at least the seller will hopefully learn a lesson not to do it again!

Goodluck hun!
ssad.gif
smiles.gif

babiid0llox

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBI
My bad... I missed the Sydney part in the sidebar. Delivery Confirmation is something you can add to any package in the US.

It's the one thing I hate about ebay: if you really have a negative experience, and mark it as such, the seller can then just retaliate and give you negative feedback whether you deserve it or not. So, I've never marked anything less than neutral. But I make sure my description/message is clear on the issue.

When I was really new to eBay, like only had about a feedback score of 3, I left a seller a positive and 2 neutrals as she had sent me used and dirty body lotions etc. but one of the items were okaym when listing them as new and she left me a negative...3 to be exact. So sometimes even a neutral can backfire
ssad.gif
But it's ok cuz luckily I purchased through a special account I set up just for buying so I could keep track of things easier.
th_DANCE.gif

SkylarV217

i would send it back , you don't want the stuff and I would rather take a chance at getting some sort of refund... I would def. go with delivery confirmation !

babiid0llox

Thanks for all of your advice
greengrin.gif
Much appreciated! Just letting you know I sent it back and got the refund, and yes I agree it is much better to send it back even though you don't get all you money back.

Anyways thanks again
greengrin.gif

iluffyew769769

Definitely leave negative feedback and try sending it back USPS with delivery confirmation you should be able to get something back.

That really sucks though, really bad seller.

babiid0llox

Gah! I can't leave feedback anymore..it was dragged out for that long. I should've left neg. feedback earlier on or something
ssad.gif