Ebay rant (Don't mind me!)

marusia

Argh, I'm so damn tired of ebay buyers messaging me going apesh*t for things that aren't my fault. Seriously people, I send all the items out the very next morning. If the post office lags, that's their fault, not mine. If the post office says it's delivered via delivery confirmation, please don't message me in a rude tone starting off. It's not like I have a way to lie about delivery confirmations.

Damn dum-dums have been really grating on my nerves lately. I had one woman messaging me EVERY DAY for a week saying she hadn't received her item, when there was a slip in her mailbox that WHOLE WEEK saying to call them for a rescheduling! Seriously...I'm not at fault because you're too lazy to walk to your mailbox!

Don't mind me...I love selling through here...I love selling through Amazon...I love selling through paypal invoice...But I hate, hate, HATE selling through Ebay! Once I get my website up and running to where I don't need Ebay's traffic, I'm done!

Thanks for reading this useless post.
choochoo.gif

LMD84

yeah i can see why that would be very annoying! being messaged whenshe had the slip in her mail box the whole time!
thmbdn.gif

i have a bit of an ebay rant about a seller! the begining of april i bought a top. it said it would be sent out 2nd class post so could take up to 14 days. 2nd class stuff usually arrives withing about 5-7 though but after 2 weeks i still hadn't got this top. so i messaged the seller and they told me that they had a family crisis so they'd post it the following day. i messaged back saying i understood and that could she post it 1st class to make up for my delay. bare in mind postage was £4 which is very expencive for 2nd class so i know 1st would cover it.

then i kinda forgot about it and went on holiday. it was waiting for me when i got back... she's posted it not the day after my message.... but a whole 2 weeks later! so i messaged her telling her thanks for the top but could i have my postage refunded seeing as i had waited so long - i didn't think it was good service. i included my paypal so she could send the money. i mean who pays £4 for something to take a month to arrive... esp seeing as she did it 2nd class and it cost her £1.50... she didn't even use a bubble mailer... just wrapped it in a carrier bag!
th_dunno.gif

she sent a rude message back saying no refund on postage and that she was going through a break up and that i was ignornat for pestering her! needless to say for the first time in 5 years on ebay i left negative feedback.

nunu

People can be so rude, it's not only in ebay, even on youtube
shrugs.gif
. You just need to wait a bit longer till you get your own website...

Oh Lou that woman sounds horrible!

marusia

Lou, you're a better woman than I am, because I would have been a total bitch in response to that.

"Yeah, if you were as bad a girlfriend as you are an ebay seller, I'd break up with you too!"

I do get mad sometimes, but I am NEVER rude back to a customer. I feel I have every reason to be grateful for their willingness to buy from me. After all, they are the ones who give me the opportunity to stay at home with my daughter and still allow me to put food on the table for our family.
heart.gif

kaliraksha

My boyfriend had an ebay buyer ask ebay for his contact information and the buyer started calling him on his cell phone at all hours of the night. It was a nightmare. Especially because he was just unhappy that the phone he purchased was locked and wouldn't work with his carrier, yet the auction clearly stated in many places that the phone was locked. I had no idea that the personal contact information you share with ebay can be shared with a buyer if they're unhappy. Ebay rants +1

marusia

That should be illegal. If Ebay did that to me, I would sue, seriously. That's why I list my address as a PO Box and my website is behind a proxy. There's a lot of screwballs in this world!

kimmietrinh

I actually did the request for contact information before because the seller never sent me my package. I waited for 2 weeks, messaged her and then another one 3 days following. She never replied. But I never called her since it was less than $20. That was when I was new to Ebay and didn't know I could get my money back...and by the time I found out, it was too late to file a claim/dispute. I just sold something while I was out of town, so I immediately notified the winner that I would not be back until x days. Any seller should notify the customer of any delays. It just sucks waiting and waiting...and wondering.

marusia

Oh, I definitely agree. I have NEVER taken more than the next morning to ship. Not when I was VERY pregnant, not when my daughter was a newborn...ever. It just amazes me how unprofessional people can be. Once I bought a can of formula for my baby. After two weeks it arrived...in an inside out plastic fork box that was torn in half! LOL

This buyer is driving me loony. She's asking for her money back, even though it says it was delivered already.
bangdesk.gif

kimmietrinh

Have you done a print screen and showed her the proof that it has arrived? Restate your policy that whatever happens after you send is not your issue. Or else guess you might try a refund, but she has to send you the item first and pay her own shipping.

marusia

I had messaged her again last night saying the same thing that the first message said, that it showed it had been delivered and to try her post office.

I also checked the feedback she's left for others. Half of it is negative. So, basically I'm expecting this to be negative. I've figured out she's just trying to get free product...She has another thing coming. The next time she messages me in a harassment tone, I'll be telling her how I feel. (i.e.:I can tell you're just trying to get a free product.) Amongst some other choice words. She also doesn't know, but the next time she does message me, I will be reporting her to ebay. People like her shouldn't even be on the site. They buy stuff from people with smaller feedback. (I only have about 160 right now), so they assume that people like me are a novice and will do anything for positive feedback. Well, she's f***ing with the wrong girl this time!

I've already blocked her and warned my ebay seller venues as well. It's a shame there are dishonest people like this out there.

marusia

Yep, she just now left negative feedback and I reported her to ebay. We'll see what happens. I spend about 400USD in fees to ebay a month for selling. This women only has a few feedback and leaves negatives all the time. Hopefully it helps that I bought the delivery confirmation through ebay and paypal. I really hope that ebay can restore what little I thought of them before all this crap.

Latest posts