Ebay Seller mommroxx ??

TheCollector

Has anyone else on here won any pigments from mommroxx?

I won some and am 99% sure they are fake after using the guides on this forum. However, she has incredible feedback. I just was looking for some others opinions. I want to be sure.
th_dunno.gif
Thanks.

openexpression

Hi. I won an Apricot Pink Pigment from her in March of this year and I highly doubt that it is authentic. At the time I was new to Ebay and did not know about contesting orders and how to verify authenticity, etc. I left her "neutral" feedback and, after I found out about the process, I really didn't feel like going through the headache for $12. With that being said, if you bought multiples I would definitel contest it. I just chalked mine up to "experience" and it really soured me on buying MAC off of Ebay.

I took pictures of the pigment jar and I still have the box. The key differences were that the writing on the pigment she sent me was centered...NONE of my authentic (I bought from MAC or CCO) pigment jars were like this. Also, the box for the pigment did not list the ingredients like my other pigment boxes. Here is my feedback and I see she put a response:

Ok transaction. I am, however, questioning the authenticity of this product.Buyer: utopicvizzzion ( 6 )
Apr-07-09 16:57
  • Reply by mommroxx (Apr-07-09 21:09):

Never contacted me. Will let the other 1733 buyers feedback speak for me.
MACS Eyeshadow Pigment 'APRICOT PINK' Boxed (#110368240305)

HTH...sorry that you were duped like me
nonono.gif

candycane80

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCollector
Has anyone else on here won any pigments from mommroxx?

I won some and am 99% sure they are fake after using the guides on this forum. However, she has incredible feedback. I just was looking for some others opinions. I want to be sure.
th_dunno.gif
Thanks.

I got a fake and an authentic pigment from her, I think the majority of her positive feedbacks are from naive buyers maybe new to MAC and don't know they are getting fakes. I would be very cautious buying from her, she pulled a fast one on me putting a pic of an authentic pigment on her auction page which made me feel better bidding then she switched and sent me a fake not pictured. Be careful and watch out for that one!

TheCollector

Wow... thank you guys! I have an authentic of the circa plum I bought from her and have taken pictures for comparison. I will post them when I can (and learn how to post actual pictures not links??). There are MANY differences: bolder font, ingredient discrepancies, jar differences, and the pigment colors are off!

I don't get it!?! Where would someone get such "good" fakes???
angry.gif
angry.gif

Can't MAC do something?? She is selling hundreds of possibly fake pigments a week! And it just really scares me not knowing what is in a product that someone puts on their eyes!

arggghhh, this makes me so mad...
th_MadWithShortFuse.gif

pink_lily82

I didn't buy a pigment from her but I did buy a Pearl CCB earlier this year. There were problems with her shipping on time and she threw in an e/s for free. I left her positive feedback because I was one of those newbies who didn't know the difference between genuine and fake MAC. I am sure the e/s is fake because I depotted it and saw rings on the bottom of the pan. I still have the CCB somewhere and I didn't want to go through the hassle of a claim for the $9.95. Now I only buy from MAC the stores, counters, or CCOs. Lesson learned, I guess. It makes me sad and angry that some will do anything to take other people's hard-earned money.

Contact the seller and see if you can get a refund. Otherwise, you should be prepared to file a claim with paypal. Get all the evidence you can. Keep us updated!

TheCollector

She is very fast to give a refund, no questions asked. But denies they are fake. Says her items are bought at a CCO, and swears that the CCO sells pigments with bold lettering. ???

TISH1124

Oh....so CCO gets special jars !!
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif
....Ok but,
nope.gif
. Surely she could have come up with a better lie!

MissResha

she is truly playing on other people's lack of knowledge of what real and fake pigments look like. that pisses me off.

"oh, the lids are supposed to be shiny! because they contain magical powers"

jens7lil1s

Well, yesterday I got 2 eyeshadows and both are fake. I left negative feedback and she already asked me to revoke them and claimed they were from CCO.

Yep, keep an eye out for the rings on the bottom of the pans.... Oh wait, she said MAC said they change the pans to keep people from making fakes....LOL!

jens7lil1s

Her reply to me..........

Hi,
I am going to take your word for it and is why I closed the dispute and refunded you for those items.
As for buying from vendors, I dont buy from vendors. I drive 1½ hrs once a week and purchase all my makeup from CCO in Ellenton FL. Whether or not they have a nix of ringed and flat pans I will have to inquire more about this. Because you are saying people are telling you one thing and on the other hand Mac SA is telling me another.
So at this point, I dont know anymore ;(
Is there anyway I can check it without melting or breaking the outer pots?
Anyway, I sent you the revision requests for the feedback, please remove the comments since you were refunded. thanks..

TISH1124

Just because you are refunded does not mean they in turn get a good feedback....I would still give a negative and note....Fake Items...However Seller refunded money. She is fully aware she sells fakes...since so many people have complained....What a joke

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jens7lil1s
Well, yesterday I got 2 eyeshadows and both are fake. I left negative feedback and she already asked me to revoke them and claimed they were from CCO.

Yep, keep an eye out for the rings on the bottom of the pans.... Oh wait, she said MAC said they change the pans to keep people from making fakes....LOL!

I have the fake Blue Storm here still. Do you want me to depot it? I already know it's fake via MAC but I just threw it in the corner of my closet with the pigment. I didn't depot it nor did I use it but she refunded me 6 days into the claim I had against her for it and I had no idea how to ship it back through the Paypal shipping to verify she received it. She just refunded the money for the 2 out of 3 items minus a few more dollars and I called it done. I thought Ebay tracked the cases and that's why even opened it but her merchandise is almost exact.

Tish, I didn't know feedback could be left after a claim was involved so I didn't. She also seemed very sincere and worried that a fake might have come from her CCO and I told her if she dealt with a supplier that she might want to get rid of them. I explained down the indentation on the eyeshadow lip and what this meant and also let her know mine wasn't exact on color for Blue Storm. I did more than what a buyer had to including 14 e-mails exchanged answering or asking questions about her "CCO" finds and how to yank her fakes. Waste of time but she does promptly refund after the case is active a few days but doesn't respond via the claim, only e-mails outside the claim is what I got.

TheCollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
I have the fake Blue Storm here still. Do you want me to depot it? I already know it's fake via MAC but I just threw it in the corner of my closet with the pigment. I didn't depot it nor did I use it but she refunded me 6 days into the claim I had against her for it and I had no idea how to ship it back through the Paypal shipping to verify she received it. She just refunded the money for the 2 out of 3 items minus a few more dollars and I called it done. I thought Ebay tracked the cases and that's why even opened it but her merchandise is almost exact.

Tish, I didn't know feedback could be left after a claim was involved so I didn't. She also seemed very sincere and worried that a fake might have come from her CCO and I told her if she dealt with a supplier that she might want to get rid of them. I explained down the indentation on the eyeshadow lip and what this meant and also let her know mine wasn't exact on color for Blue Storm. I did more than what a buyer had to including 14 e-mails exchanged answering or asking questions about her "CCO" finds and how to yank her fakes. Waste of time but she does promptly refund after the case is active a few days but doesn't respond via the claim, only e-mails outside the claim is what I got.

wow! I have so much to say about this, and am so angry I don't think I can get it out without calming down some... so i'll write more later, but

angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif
I am on fire! This lady KNOWS she is selling fakes!! Look, at least 3 people (or more) on this thread have emailed her back and forth saying we got fakes. She give refunds immediately but not thru paypal! That is why ebay cannot keep up with it!!

She seemed very sincere to me too, and thats why I even started doubting myself. But if you really want to know more PM me.

TISH1124

Quote:
wow! I have so much to say about this, and am so angry I don't think I can get it out without calming down some... so i'll write more later, but

angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif
I am on fire! This lady KNOWS she is selling fakes!! Look, at least 3 people (or more) on this thread have emailed her back and forth saying we got fakes. She give refunds immediately but not thru paypal! That is why ebay cannot keep up with it!!

She seemed very sincere to me too, and thats why I even started doubting myself. But if you really want to know more PM me.

X-f'n-Actly......Where in the hell is the smiley with the Violin...I need it for every sob story she has told....she probably just copies and paste the responses.....She is as fake as her MAC......

For all tjhe people that want to fall for the BS...go ahead but don't be all mad later...

Sayde

Ebay has a verified owner's rights program to "protect" against counterfeits:
What is VeRO and why was my listing removed because of it?
However, it is up to the owner of the rights (MAC) to file a complaint. Ebay does everything within its power to not get involved in property rights disputes. There was a big lawsuit last year or the year before about this, I believe, with some big names like Tiffany that are counterfeited all over ebay. I would NOT retract any negative feedback for the seller, since this is pretty much the only way you can warn other potential buyers. If you paid by paypal and she refunded a different way, you can still go through Paypal with a complaint as well.

Sayde

I should add that ebay's #1 priority is ebay. #2 is the buyers, and #3 is the sellers. They will always favor a buyer if there is something wrong with a transaction. As long as you get your money back, I'd say the best thing gained is a good learning experience!

TISH1124

Not sure if I agree that Ebay puts buyers over Sellers....IMO....But maybe...The fact is they make their Money off Sellers and listing fees and that would in my book make them a higher priority. They make nothing off the buyer. But again that is IMO

The only thing I see that caters to Buyers is the feedback system.

Paypal...different story...they do back the buyers over sellers

User27

Quote:

angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif

I am sorry but 3 messages in, she told me her husband still works in a restaurant in my state. I have wanted to say something for a week when you brought this up. I've dealt with you one on one messaging and please know I would have told you earlier. Her husband is still in my state like 20 minutes away and in the same county...odd that I would need to know that is what I always got out of that. I KNOW from her messages that she uses Specktra because she let me know when the person snitched what I had posted and she asked if I was aware how many sellers slander each other on here. I felt sorry about her CCO ordeal thinking maybe 2 did get glitched and then gave her full details on what pigments should be pulled based off of what I had experienced. Also gave her a picture copy of the receipt and business card where my legit were bought to verify. I thought she would legitimately pull the items based off the info I sent in the e-mail because she seemed sincere that she accidentally got fakes....that night another Siver Fog got listed and I got scared to open my mouth. I'm pm'ing you because this part is a pm basis only but the rest is out there because it needs to go.