Ebay seller: rogiebear040104

simplyenchantin

Hey everyone,

Just noticed this seller on ebay selling heaps of various eyeshadows.. I did a search on specktra and couldn't find anything.

Does anyone know if the seller is legit? They appear to be based in Australia..

Here is a link to one of the listings: http://cgi.ebay.com/MAC-EYE-SHADOW-NIB-AUTHENTIC-SWIMMING_W0QQitemZ200265246591QQcmdZViewItem?hash= item200265246591&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72 %3A1240|66%3A3|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Thanks everyone

TISH1124

I think she is asking if the seller is recommended or not, and if anyone has purchased from this particular seller. Correct? I have not so I can't say whether she sells legit items...Her feedback looks good however.

Xqueeze_me

I know you're after the eyeshadow but for some reason, the pigments are ringing my AVOID ALERT bells. Some of the boxes are like the counterfeit material, easily scratched and scuffed. As for the inner plastic lid, see the difference below:

Innerseethrulids.jpg

Fake on the left and Authentic on the right.
(The fake inner lid is one toned whereas the authentic inner lid is two toned with the middle slightly denser)

The inner lids in the seller's listings are similar to the one of the left. Some may not be as evident but Fairylite, Naked, Marine Ultra, Glitter pigments' inner lids are quite evident. Once again I know we can't distinguish whether the pigments are fake by the colours in the pictures but Chartreuse and Jewelmarine are off? Also, Rose Gold is a metal pigment. The texture I see is a normal pigment texture.

Can't tell much from the eyeshadow pictures unfortunately but with the suspicious pigments, I wouldn't buy from this seller as they eyeshadows may come in bulk lot with the pigments.

Seller may have good feedback ratings but sometimes the feedbacks are just irrelevant. :/ They may sell other legit items but don't know that MAC doesn't do wholesale for onward resale, purchase from counterfeit "suppliers/wholesalers" and buyers still buy it anyway, give seller(s) positive rating thinking they got MAC at a bargain. Just my opinion(s) and what and how I see.

TISH1124

Yeah I stay away from piggies and eyeshadows on Ebay unless they are from Holstrom!! Just don't want to chance it...

simplyenchantin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I think she is asking if the seller is recommended or not, and if anyone has purchased from this particular seller. Correct? I have not so I can't say whether she sells legit items...Her feedback looks good however.

That's exactly what I meant, thank you. I just pasted any random listing from that seller - they had many other eyeshadows, and it always seems too good to be true!

I don't even trust feedback anymore for the exact reason Xqueeze said - many of these sellers don't know/don't care they aren't selling legit MAC and the buyers even moreso have no idea what they are buying!

I didn't even notice that seller's pigments listing, that probably should've tipped me off.

Thanks everyone for your help!

redambition

hmmm. This one is a tricky biscuit.

The seller has a wide range of shadows - far bigger than the common colours seen counterfeited. They are also NOT going for dirt cheap (which is what the counterfeiters also usually do. price it really, really low.)

The other indicator is that this seller is only selling EL housed cosmetics and is based in Sydney. That opens up the possibility that this is someone who has access to the EL staff store.

There is a chance these are fakes, there is also a possibility here that these items are authentic. If you quiz the seller and they can provide bigger and better pics and more info then they might be worth checking out
smiles.gif

Hi there. I'm probably a bit late in the piece but this seller is the one I had quoted in my post a week or so ago. I asked her some questions about her eyeshadows and she told me that magenta-shores is her supplier. Magenta-shores is apparently known on this board for having fake mac products.

Interestingly, after I politely thanked her for her info and told her I would not be going ahead with any purchases after all as I thought the shadows were too cheap to be genuine, she raised her prices from $13AUD to $17AUD!