Edward Bess

Ikram

The shades are very neutral, classic shades. The aesthetic of the look is similar to Burberry, high quality polished neutrals which will be your daily staples.
The South of France is more about subtlety, it brightens but you can't really tell you are wearing something. I wear it to work eveyday as highlighter.
First, I was a bit underwhelmed with packaging, I would expect more heavier, substancial packaging for the price. Not exactly Burberry metal compacts but at least Chanel/Dior heaviness. But actually it grew on me, the palette is so light and thin that I can throw it in my makeupbag and since it is longer I love using the large mirror for touch ups on the train, honestly I would just carry it daily because of the mirror. It is light but doesn't feel flimsy like drugstore stuff.
The new Back to basics palette would ge excellent for travel for this reason. Just the price is stopping me. :-(

Shypo

The SoF compact is really the only product that intrigues me in this line - glad to hear you like it Ikram! You may have convinced me to add it to my wish list!

Winthrop44

I think it looks really beautiful too. I was very impressed with it in Sabrina's review. I think he does highlighters very well - I like the All Over Seduction in Sunlight alot.

Shypo

I need to go check her review - I'm behind on my blog reading......I need to get in the habit like reading a newspaper
yes.gif

Edit: The SoF quad is on backorder at BG, so I ordered it with my fingers crossed I'll eventually get it - decided I couldn't resist :).

Meryl

I'm hoping more people will post here. Since it is now available at Sephora, I made 2 orders.

I don't care for the flimsy packaging and everything is now made in Taiwan... but I do love his neutral, easy to wear and nicely edited colours.

What's a must-have if I don't like too much sparkle? I found South of France to be a bit sparkly, but I love the shimmer of Sunlight!

Winthrop44

I love Sunlight too - it's my favorite EB item. I think other favorites among people on MUA are his bronzer in Daydream (not sparkly) and his single eyeshadows which for some reason Sephora doesn't carry. I hope they'll get those eventually. The ones I hear talked about the most are Nude, Intimate and Dusk.

Meryl

I wonder why Sephora doesn't carry his eye shadows -- just the palettes and the eye shadows in them are much more shimmery than the singles and that's something I really don't want.

The one thing I will not order on-line are the lipsticks... but I really want to try 3 of them first.

I'm also considering his concealer, not that I need another one.

Winthrop44

His lipsticks are pretty heavily scented with fig, so that could be a plus or a minus for you. Alot of people like his Soft Smoke e/s trio which Sephora does carry. I tried it and it was too cool-toned for me, but I don't remember it being shimmery - maybe you'd like that? Sabrina reviewed it and loves it:

http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2010/04/new-from-edward-bess-soft-orchid-soft.html

Here are her other faves:

http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2011/03/beauty-look-books-guide-to-edward-bess.html

Shypo

I have a few of his shadow singles - Dusk and Mystery are my favorites. Intimate is a nice, basic neutral taupe. Nude is a straight up matte vanilla shade that doesn't even show up on my eyes. And Storm is a lighter taupe with shimmer, and just the slightest bit of pink. These blend well and have good color payoff.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I got South of France! I put a review and look here: http://morelikespace.blogspot.com/2012/01/making-faces-mediterranean-escape-with.html

It's a perfect shade for my skin, because it just brightens my face and makes me look alive without really looking like I have makeup on at all. Me, but better.

I'm definitely interested in trying his shadows, since they seem like staples to have.

Meryl

I got South of France! I put a review and look here: http://morelikespace.blogspot.com/2012/01/making-faces-mediterranean-escape-with.html

It's a perfect shade for my skin, because it just brightens my face and makes me look alive without really looking like I have makeup on at all. Me, but better.

I'm definitely interested in trying his shadows, since they seem like staples to have.

Nice review!

I find it a touch too mauve, but his Summer In Capri seemed like it would add too much colour, so I didn't buy that one. I'm tempted to get it and use as eye shadow, but I'm holding off for now.

I'm torn about his Back to Basics compact -- apparently the eye shadows are very shimmery, and I don't want that.

I wonder what else I should buy. lol

katred

Specktra Bestie
I definitely want to try the shadows (I'm eyeing Storm and Dusk) and the lipsticks. My problem is that the lipsticks mostly look like they're very warm/ brown in tone, which tends not to work on me. If anyone has some experiences with them, particularly how they look on pale skin, I'd love to hear about it.

Meryl

I know own just about all the Edward Bess products. Love him! The only thing I'm afraid to try are the lipsticks since I'm buying on-line and cannot try them first.

I hate the cheap packaging... but all his colours are perfect for me!