El Cheapo pencil=unblendable

Miss Marcy

soooooo i got this really neat blue pencil from walgreens. not sure of the brand but it was obnoxiously cheap...like 80 cents or something. its a weird texture and horrendous to blend but the color is so pretty. LAME!! oh well

So i paired the blue pencil with some silver pigment, max factor lash perfection mascara and Voila:

the moral of the story??? ya get what ya pay for.

MACGoddess

Oy, I see what you mean about not blending... Is it a liner pencil or an "eyeshadow pencil?"

And while it doesn't blend that well you still look cute as hell! Rock on girl, and I love your bird tats!!

Starbright211

O.K., I know this might be a crazy thing to say, but did you use your lighter with it??? If you didn't, put the fire under it for a second and blow on it, so that it doesn't burn your eyes, hopefully it should smooth out after that... When I was younger we used those crappy black liners from the drugstore, and we always had a lighter to go with it...

MACGoddess

WOW! Interesting tip Starbright... I am a little terrified to actually DO it, but cool tip!

And Marcy I forgot to ask you what did you use on your lips?

user4

the color looks hot but i see what u mean by unblendable... maybe with the lighter trick *crosses fingers*

bluegrassbabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbright211
O.K., I know this might be a crazy thing to say, but did you use your lighter with it??? If you didn't, put the fire under it for a second and blow on it, so that it doesn't burn your eyes, hopefully it should smooth out after that... When I was younger we used those crappy black liners from the drugstore, and we always had a lighter to go with it...

I love the warming the pencil with a lighter trick. It's really great for super smokey eyes.

circusflavouredgum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbright211

That is so funny you say that, I just recently rediscovered my junior highschool favourite, Maybelline Black Velvet eyeliners +a lighter!

I have been using this in my waterlines (you test it on your hand after you melt it to make sure it's not tooo soft or too hot) and I'm telling you, it stays in there better than anything else I have tried!

Miss Marcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACGoddess
And Marcy I forgot to ask you what did you use on your lips?

i used a Viva Glam gloss...i forget which one but its the EXACT same color of my lips so i guess i could have easily used a clear one.
lol.gif

and i TOTALLY forgot about the lighter trick!!! i remember seeing my mom do that ages ago. i'll have to try it again!

Miss Marcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACGoddess

And while it doesn't blend that well you still look cute as hell! Rock on girl, and I love your bird tats!!

smiles.gif
and a-thank ya