Elana's here!

Elana

I'm so excited to be here! I followed Stephie here from Asian Beauty Blog. I'm sure I have a lot to learn and a lot of inspiration to come so I can't wait to get started!

Is it feasible to read all posts from the very beginning of time, or is that just crazy? Where is a good place to start to catch up?

I just filled out my profile as much as I could. I hope it provides sufficient information for me to be fully introduced to everyone.
greengrin.gif
But essentially, I'm 23 years old, I live in Toronto, and I just graduated from university. After five years of totally neglecting my appearance, I'm taking a stand on my face and diving back into makeup! It's always been a favourite pick-me-up to shop for cosmetics (I have a tendency towards the expensive brands, like Guerlain, MAC and Aveda). I now own so much, I worry that I'll ever get through it all! The solution is, of course, WEAR MORE EVERY DAY!
clap.gif

I'm a hybrid: my mother is Japanese, and my father is Eastern European. Every beauty tip I've ever read has been for people who fit into a solid category. I'm right in the middle: I have half an epicanthal fold (crease), my cheeks have a pink undertone while the rest of my face has a yellow undertone, and my hair is half-wavy, half-glossy - it straightens smooth but will also curl at the drop of a hat! (My hairdresser actually said, "You have the coolest hair I've ever seen in my life!" I wouldn't go that far...)

My complexion can handle pretty much any colour I slap onto it (fairly pale naturally but tan very easily, with very dark brown hair and eyes) - it's techniques I need help with. I've been using solid, single-colour washes my whole life, and when I try to use palettes and combinations, almost without fail it just disappears into my half-crease and looks like a solid wash.
oh.gif
Using dark colours in my crease always looks totally ridiculous as well.

I hope to use Specktra as a safe environment to experiment with my look, and maybe even post some photos of those experiments (!). My friends (and especially my boyfriend) are not very interested in makeup (boyfriend far prefers when I don't wear any), so they don't indulge me if I want to talk or think about it. Yay for the Internet to find like-minded individuals!

Thank you for reading my little intro!

DeeVine1217

Hey Elana, welcome!
I'm new too... and a hybrid as well. Half French and half Sri Lankan. Horray for hybrids! haha

Janice

Hi Elana!
wavey.gif
Glad to have you here on the forum with us, let us know if you need help with anything!
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif

Latest posts