Elf mineral Makeup, anyone tried?

.k.

Elf cosmetics has a new mineral makeup! has anyone tried it? its very reasonable only 8$! i wonder how it compares to bare minerals.
th_confused_new.gif

They also have loose powder blush, bronzer, and concealer

MsButterfli

i saw that recently too, i just got back to work from being out over a month so no new goodies for me yet
ssad.gif

I'd like to know this also. I saw the mineral starter kit at my local burlington coat factory but they only had the warm, dark and deep tones which are too tan for me. The kits were on sale for $5 if I remember correctly. The brushes looked a little haggard but completely usable (and what else could we really expect from a company that sells almost everything for a buck...). Anyone used the minerals? How do they comparable to more expensive brands?

wordgirl

I tried it. It's a bit chalky, and EXTREMELY light coverage, really not blendable at all, but at the same time pretty dark in pigment so that even the lightest shade has an orangey cast.

The concealer is *almost* what I'd expect from the foundation. Much less sheen to it, and a little heavier in coverage.

I haven't tried the blush from my kit yet but it looks pretty - pinky-peach. The brushes look kind of awful. Since I already know I'm gonna send the kit back I haven't wanted to mess with any of them.

ttplusd

i just bought two shadows and i LOVE them. suprisingly, for a 1... they're payoff is pretty outstanding and with a base they really stay put.

smellyocheese

oh shucks.. I bought the concealer. hoping to use it as a foundation. *sighs* I'm still waiting for it to arrive though