Empty gloss tubes?

baby_yousei

I have these two glosses that I think would look much better mixed together, is there anywhere I can find an empty squeeze tube that I can fill with my own mixture? perferably with a slanted tip? TIA =)

user3

I've been looking for squeeze tubes for a long time. I have the click up kind but I find that it's not that great to use when you mix your own gloss. I want the squeeze tube kind so I can "mix" it up before I apply it.

I was thinking it would have a twist off applicator. I have a very small homemade funnel that would work to help get the gloss into it. My husband made it. I will ask him how he did it and add that to this post.

I found these http://www.makingcosmetics.com/store...arget=d65.html

but still no luck with the squeeze tubes.

caffn8me

I think the problem with squeeze tubes may be that they're not easy for a home user to fill. If you look at a squeeze tube of something like concealer you'll often find small traces of product incorporated into the crimpled plastic at the end. The tubes are loaded with product and then the end is heat crimped with the batch number in the incorporated into the die.

I've searched numerous cosmetics packaging supply sites and haven't yet found anything suitable to be filled at home. The nearest to a squeeze tube I've found is this;

I suspect it may be too rigid for anything other than solutions.

Qosmedix does a very wide range of cosmetics packaging and supplies so if there were such things as squeeze tubes suitable for home filling I'm sure they'd offer them.

baby_yousei

Thanks for the info girls! I think I may just go with the gloss tubes with the applicator wands (however it looks kinda hard to get the gloss in there...we'll see!)