Empty Palettes?

Tracey82

Hi ladies, just wondering where is the best place to buy an empty palette from to hold MAC eyeshadows. Just looking for the cheapest option doesn't necessarily have to be a MAC palette. Thanks

xLongLashesx

What's the quality of the coastal scents ones like? I've got one of their pre made palettes and the palette itself isn't that great.

disconlemonade

Honestly, I don't know since I don't own one but I have one of their premade palettes as well and I didn't like the quality.

tepa1974

I have a 12 (or 15, can't remember) shadow palette and an 8 blush palette and they are "a'ight". The eyeshadow one isn't magnetized so everything kept falling out (they might have been changed since I bought mine). They are inexpensive so you basically get what you pay for.

simplyenchantin

Like above, I have a CS empty palette - really crap quality. I believe they do make magnetised ones now. I prefer MAC ones, they are much sturdier.

Tracey82

Thanks for the replies. So how much can I expect to pay for a MAC palette and where is the best place to get one from. Some people may remember I live in an industrial town and the closest MAC is 600km's away so kinda need to buy online unless anyone can CP.

simplyenchantin

They're $28AUD hun
smiles.gif
You can ring your closest MAC Pro store, I'm sure they will be happy to send it to you. Or maybe you can get a CP from the US, they are $12USD.

xLongLashesx

I worked out the CS one is about $17 shipped.. I'd rather pay the 10 bucks extra and get a good quality MAC one.

I'm onto my second one guys.. didn't I just buy one like 3 weeks ago?
shockt.gif

friedargh

Hey Tracey82,

Go to K-mart and they stock this cheap brand called BYS (I actually think this might just be E.L.F. rebranded). They sell eyeshadow pans and empty quads. I think the quads are on sale right now for $2.50! I picked up three of these the other day and they come with a mirror as well. Definitely fits mac refills. They're a bit cheap looking but who cares.

HTH!!