end of interview questions

whispercalm

I am getting super psyched for my next interview for Clinique at Younkers.
This will be on Tuesday with the counter manager and head store manager.
Then of course the interview with the Clinique coordinator will be scheduled after that.
Anyway, I 've seen some tremendously great posts about interviews and questions which have been so helpful.
How about a great question or two to ask at the conclusion of an interview when they ask if you have any more questions?

Spikesmom

I always as if they have any concerns about hiring me for the job. I almost didn't get a job one time and after they told me why, I was able to convince them they were wrong. It works great!

Strawberrymold

I always ask the person who is interviewing me, why do they love working there. This makes them think about all the good things they like about their job, and whilst they are having this warm and fuzzy moment, it is also their last impression of me.
Most people are busy trying to sell themselves in interviews. It shows compassion and true interest in a position to care about how the employer feels about their job too!

Hope that helps,
it has always worked for me

metal_romantic

First of all, good luck!
greengrin.gif

*"What kind of person are you looking for to fill this position?"
This gives you a chance to respond if they mentioned anything you haven't covered in in the interview.

* "Will you be contacting the unsuccessful applicants as well as the successful?"
This is useful for you to know!

iadoremac

you could ask them about the impact the current financial crisis has had on business if they have had to reduce their target sales growth or add more measures to increase the levels of sales

rafaaa

In my experience, NOT asking a question at the end has proven to be successful. Asking what they like about their job can potentially come off too strong, and as long as you seem interested during your interview, that's all that matters =]

hope that helps

metal_romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaaa
In my experience, NOT asking a question at the end has proven to be successful. Asking what they like about their job can potentially come off too strong, and as long as you seem interested during your interview, that's all that matters =]

hope that helps

I think the very least you should say is that they have answered all the questions you have so far (worded better than that!)

Saying "no" is very closed and does not give a good impression (neutral at best). They want to see you demonstrate that you have an interest in the company and position, and also that you are quick thinking. To be successful in retail or in any customer service role, you need to know how to quickly form the right questions to ask your customers to ascertain their needs- so keep that in mind.