Engagement ring

kariii

pZALE1-5665911t400.jpg

OMG! so here is the story: I just got engaged January 1st, 2009 and I was taking a shower like 3 days ago and my engagement ring fell down the drain, gone forever
ssad.gif

So we're looking at a replacement one and I truly love the one above. It's engraved with "Past, Present & Future." on the inside. It's so perfect! It's on Zales.com, it's originally priced $2429.00, Marked down to $1457.40 plus 20% off, it comes out to $1165 with free shipping.

Do you guys know of other sites that are having promotions or specials, or anything before I truly decide? My fiance says it's in my hands what we do, and I don't wanna get it for sure before looking at other options.

Thank you ladies in advance!

TISH1124

I am not sure about specials etc...But there is a thread...that has everyone's dream engagement rings and wedding rings it may be of help

stronqerx

CONGRATS!
My ring is a 3 stone ring, from that same collection from zales. I really love it cause I feel it really suits me well. I never really pictured myself with a classic solitaire (though I think they are beautiful). Zales is really good with the sales, and also don't forget to add the insurence on it! It covers everything! even if a small diamond falls off & including robbery.

supercelestine

ps-

My girlfriend lost hers down the shower drain about 2 years ago. (She cried for weeks.)

Like a year ago, the shower wouldnt drain becuase of hair. She gets the plummer out and Ta-daaaaa! there's her ring, all nasty and wrapped in the hair.

my point - shower drains aren't all straight pipes. stuff gets stuck in the "elbow".

dont want to get your hopes up, but it may be worth having someone come out and take a peek.

pumpkincat210

That is gorgeous!
One thing to consider on your wedding ring...don't get a marquee cut if you plan on having kids. Why? Because when you pick the a little kid up under their arms sometimes the ring passes by their under arms and scratches them. I learned this unfortunately.

L1LMAMAJ

oh no...how tragic that you lost your ring...good luck looking for a new one. i have no clue where to get good deals on rings. i really like the picture of the ring up there. it's super nice.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercelestine
ps-

My girlfriend lost hers down the shower drain about 2 years ago. (She cried for weeks.)

Like a year ago, the shower wouldnt drain becuase of hair. She gets the plummer out and Ta-daaaaa! there's her ring, all nasty and wrapped in the hair.

my point - shower drains aren't all straight pipes. stuff gets stuck in the "elbow".

dont want to get your hopes up, but it may be worth having someone come out and take a peek.

This is very true, I bet your ring is still in the drain. stuck in the "P-trap"

DancingBrave

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronqerx
CONGRATS!
My ring is a 3 stone ring, from that same collection from zales. I really love it cause I feel it really suits me well. I never really pictured myself with a classic solitaire (though I think they are beautiful). Zales is really good with the sales, and also don't forget to add the insurence on it! It covers everything! even if a small diamond falls off & including robbery.

Homeowners/renters insurance would cover this too--for much cheaper. Plus it covers everything you own pretty much. (Including your MAC Collection! )

AmandDUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercelestine
ps-

i agree! try taking the drain head off and peeking down there. maybe even calling a plumber. it would certainly be cheaper than replacing a ring.

also someone also said it, but i cant stress the point of insurance! i recently lost my custom made engagement ring and was lucky enough to have it insured.

buddhy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandDUR
i agree! try taking the drain head off and peeking down there. maybe even calling a plumber. it would certainly be cheaper than replacing a ring.

also someone also said it, but i cant stress the point of insurance! i recently lost my custom made engagement ring and was lucky enough to have it insured.

I have also heard about things like this being found in the bendy bit of the drain - the ring will have been too heavy to go around the bend and is probably sitting there waiting for you to go in and get it! Certainly worth a shot?

cupcake_x

I agree with what some of the others said- I would try taking a look. I lost a small necklace in the drain and was able to find it.

MAC_Pixie04

sorry about ur ring! mine is custom, and even though it's insured, i would die if something happened to it cuz I know the $$ value would be replaced but i could never get this exact ring back. i also agree with calling a plumber to look down the drain because if there was any hair or debris in your drains and pipes (which is inevitable) it's probably in a spot where it can be retrieved! Good luck!