Entremauve vs. Grape

JoyC

I hated Grape's texture, would Entremauve be better? like more purple instead of a muddy mess? and does the pink sparkles actually show up on your skin? thx in advance!

Shawna

Grape and Entremauve are the same texture. In fact, I would almost swear they are the same pigment with a different name. Almost, but not quite. I love both pigments, but you need to know how to use them. I put some on a brush first, then rub/blot the brush on the back of my hand, and then apply it to my eye. This stops it from grabbing and depositing too much colour in one spot. Also, with any pigments, I cannot stress how important it is to use a base first. They blend so much better with a base. Hth
smiles.gif

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna
Grape and Entremauve are the same texture. In fact, I would almost swear they are the same pigment with a different name. Almost, but not quite. I love both pigments, but you need to know how to use them. I put some on a brush first, then rub/blot the brush on the back of my hand, and then apply it to my eye. This stops it from grabbing and depositing too much colour in one spot. Also, with any pigments, I cannot stress how important it is to use a base first. They blend so much better with a base. Hth
smiles.gif

I like Grape, but the quality is not as good as MAC's older colors. I find that the newer ones tend to fade more than the older ones too, which is annoying. The even newer ones are getting a little worse too.

It is too bad.

I just hope that Entremauve stays on at least as well as Grape, because some of the colors released in the last year are inferior and I am about ready to stop buying MAC pigments all together.

And yes, I use bases under EVERYTHING and all of the older pigments stay on just fine. The new ones will fade even with a good base. If I set them into Liquidlast liner (used as shadowbase) then they will stay on, but I don't want to wear those all of the time.

m4dswine

I think I must be the only person in the world who loves Grape.

I have none of these problems with it, it goes on fine, stays fine, doesn't fade or anything. It is my perfect purple shade.

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4dswine
I think I must be the only person in the world who loves Grape.

I have none of these problems with it, it goes on fine, stays fine, doesn't fade or anything. It is my perfect purple shade.

The basic purple stays on all right, but it fades too much on me
ssad.gif

A lot of people are satisfied with the pigments that I don't like, so you are not alone.

I like grape mixed with navy blue shimmer- it is gorgeous that way.

I keep messing with them and finding new and better ways to use them. right now, I apply grape over Royal Hue Shadestick before it sets or non-conformist FL before it sets (as a shadow base).

That works fine. I just have to be sure to set it with the pigment.

so, it gives me a chance to be more creative.
greengrin.gif

SARAHluvsMAC

At update the "entremauve" sample they had said grape on the bottom and my trainer was like it says grape but its entremauve which is odd

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAHluvsMAC
At update the "entremauve" sample they had said grape on the bottom and my trainer was like it says grape but its entremauve which is odd

HAHAHa That is funny
lmao.gif

I finally got mine today and I can see that they are very close, but Entremauve has a blue violet purple shimmer (think Pink PEarl) vs the more raspberry purple shimmer of grape (like accent red).

Entremauve has a blackened purple base and Grape has more of a dark purple base.

But at first sight or in artificial light they look very very close.

I am very pleased with how well entremauve went on and has stayed on so far- but that is just my hand.

Entremauve is everything I wanted Grape to be but wasn't.

cheerleader.gif

(but then again, I am completely color sensitive - most people would not see what I do in colors
greengrin.gif
)