EOTD: Cosmic Sky

shatteredshards

I decided to go run a couple errands last night and thought "Why not, I'm gonna do crazy bright eyeshadow for fun."

Base: Physicians Formula Powder Finish Concealer (good enough to hold for the few hours I kept this on
winks.gif
)
Inner 2/3 of lid: MAC Clear Sky Blue pigment (foiled w/water)
Outer 1/3 of lid and bottom waterline: Ben Nye Lumiere in Cosmic Blue (foiled w/water)
Lid and browbone: Aromaleigh Pue Hue in Moon (to add shimmer)
Mascara: MAC Zoom Lash in Zoomblack.

I need to work on blending - I literally have bothered with eyeshadow maybe twice in the past year and I am all kinds of rusty - but it was still fun to wear this!

The funny part? When I was at my local Ulta (Edina, if anyone knows the TC area), some haughty-taughty lady who couldn't have been that much older than me gave me the nastiest look over the top of the aisle, the only reason I can think of being that my shadow pushed her out of her comfort zone. I assume she dismissed me as some bratty teenager who would probably steal the makeup I was looking at.

shootout

Pretty color!
I think if you cleaned up the edges a little bit and added a liner it would look much more finished =]

kaliraksha

Lovely colors, especially for your hair color. If I could offer one CC, I would say I think you should try some eyeshadow primer... it totally changed the way I put on eyeshadow and how much more I was willing to experiment with colors and intensity.

shatteredshards

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha
Lovely colors, especially for your hair color. If I could offer one CC, I would say I think you should try some eyeshadow primer... it totally changed the way I put on eyeshadow and how much more I was willing to experiment with colors and intensity.

I've been reading up on reviews of UDPP and Shadow Insurance for that reason, actually.
smiles.gif
I need to make a trip to Sephora next week and thought I would pick some up while there.

Usually I use MAC Matte, too, because I seem to have oily eyelids. Does shadow primer help with that?

Ziya

Great look! I love blues
greengrin.gif
My CC would be try filling in your eyebrows..you'll love the difference. I like to experiment with adding depth to my e/s looks using a dark crease/outer v color..try the 222/4/6 for this. hope to see more from you gorgeus girl! :p

kaliraksha

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatteredshards
I've been reading up on reviews of UDPP and Shadow Insurance for that reason, actually.
smiles.gif
I need to make a trip to Sephora next week and thought I would pick some up while there.

Usually I use MAC Matte, too, because I seem to have oily eyelids. Does shadow primer help with that?

Definitely! That's one of my biggest perks... I seem to have oily eyelids as well and without UDPP my color slides off within hours or if it's a neutral color it turns into this shiny grey that is kind of unappealing.