Epilators?

brokenxbeauty

I couldn't find a thread about this, so apologies if there is one I overlooked.

I'm interested in getting an epilator, but don't know much about them.
Would you recommend one or not, why?
Also, recommendations as what brand or anything would be appreciated as well. :)

RedRibbon

I would recommend it as it keeps the hairs off for long but you have to have skin which can tolerate a bit. My skin is not really sensitive and even that had red bumps etc..

I have a Phillips one and my legs were pretty hairy when I used it because I was waiting for waxing but the lady was called away for some reason. I got through one leg up the knee and had to put it on charge for the other leg. I recommend making sure it's charged like a mother before you attempt any removal.

Once you get going (if you go in circles as I did) you kinda forget the pain because you can't really stop and concentrate on it.

jenee.sum

I have the Braun Xpressive (the pink one).
Amazon.com: Braun SE7280 Silk-Epil Xpressive Epilator Body System, Corded: Health & Personal Care

more specs can be found at the link above

I originally wanted one that can be used cordless (mine is not), but after using mine, i realized that i would not want one that is cordless just because i'd be pissed if it ran out of battery. plus when i'm using it, i'm always near an outlet. so if you're always gunna have access to an electrical outlet, then a cordless one wouldn't really matter for you. plus the cord is long, so there's no need to worry about it not reaching where you want it to.

as for the numbers of tweezers, the higher the number the more hairs it's gunna pull out at once. so it will lessen the time it takes to get hair free. which is a plus.

also, you may want to pick one that has multiple speeds. the higher the speed, the quicker it's gunna pluck out the hairs which i think will lessen the pain. the slower you pluck out a piece of hair, the more you're going to feel the hair coming out of you. if you get one that has no speed options, i'm afraid it might make it hurt more.

mine also has a spot light that allows you to see where you need to epilate. the light will reveal hairs that are hard to see so you can get everything. i think it's helpful especially if you're somewhere that does not have great lighting.

i've had mine for a few months, and i love it. plus it has a trimmer and shaver attachment!

HTH!!

jenee.sum

^^^

from what i can tell,

the pink Xpressive (SE7280) has (that the other one doesn't have):
- a pivoting head for the curves of your body
- more attachments (it has 3 different epilating head attachments depending on your pain tolerance, and a trimmer & shaver one)
- a package of Olay Pre-epilation wipes
- shaving AND trimmer head (as mentioned above)
- fully washable

the (5270) has (that the Xpressive doesn't have):
- says it has a shaving head to TRIM the hair. so it can be the same as the Xpressive - a shaver and trimmer

They both have 40 tweezers, a pouch, a brush to clean it, spotlight, non-rechargeable, 2 speeds, massage rollers....
i think that's it. sorry if i missed anything.

HTH!

EDIT: oh and the price. the expressive is more $$$ because it has more features and contents.

t4ruh

I bought one of the more expensive ones... I'd have to look I can't remember the name off the top of my head but it hurt soooo bad my eyes started watering.... Ummm.. so.. waste of money for me. LOL

Hopefully it works out better for you. I know alot of people love them.