Er... pigment question...

i am hollywood

On Ebay, someone had listed 'Large MAC pigments' for $4. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw that. I assumed that it was either good sized samples, or full jars. But after I bought 3 of them, I went back to see if she said how fast the shipping was, and then I noticed that it said '1/4 tsp' on one of them and '1/2 tsp' on the other two. :confused: Now... about how long will each last me? And was each one worth the $4?

Sorry if this is on the wrong board, by the way. I wasn't sure where to put it.

MACGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am hollywood
On Ebay, someone had listed 'Large MAC pigments' for $4. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw that. I assumed that it was either good sized samples, or full jars. But after I bought 3 of them, I went back to see if she said how fast the shipping was, and then I noticed that it said '1/4 tsp' on one of them and '1/2 tsp' on the other two. :confused: Now... about how long will each last me? And was each one worth the $4?

Sorry if this is on the wrong board, by the way. I wasn't sure where to put it.

It depends on which pigment it was if it was worth it... If it is one of the discontinued or LE pigments, sometimes the prices can be $4 per sample or +... But if you paid $4 for a sample of Copper Sparkle, you paid way too much!

You can usually find existing MAC or Pro colors for half that price or less...so once you get some experience with shopping, you'll figure out what is worth it and what isn't. Also MAKE SURE to read the fine print and find out exactly what you are buying before hitting the button...you don't want to get screwed by an Ebay seller, bc there are definitely bad ones out there!

MACGoddess

Those three are all LE shades so they were worth it IMO... I have seen higher prices for samples, so I think the seller was fair enough. Granted I am the same gal who recently paid $75 a jar for some REALLY REALLY old pigments...

carol

$4 for 1/4 is a bit high, unless it's one of the harder to find colors. But $4 for 1/2 seems pretty good.

Most people sell 1/4 for anywhere from $2.25-$3.50-ish. And 1/2 samples for $6+.

i am hollywood

Thank you so much! I feel so much better now to know that I didn't just pay way to much. Now I can't wait until they get here.
smiles.gif
smiles.gif
smiles.gif

MACGoddess

lol be super excited! I remember the feeling when I got my first pigments, they are LOVELY! You will get totally hooked!