Erase Paste vs Studio Sculpt concealer

Whisperwar

I'm in a bit of a muddle over which one to get.

I like these two because I like the concept of concealer in a pot, it just feels like I can be more precise and I can be more sanitary. Price wise, they're about 6 pounds different, so nothing major.

However, I've heard very good reviews on Erase Paste about under eye circles, but I understand it's not really meant for spots and blemishes. With studio sculpt concealer I've heard mixed reviews and heard it's cakey around the under-eye, but ok for blemishes. I kinda need something that can do both!

For reference I have very fair, dry skin. Help anyone?
smiles.gif

Skin*Deep

erase paste actually cakes and creases under my eyes, I have to really buff it out, but then I feel like it's not much coverage. my must have for under eyes is chanel cream concealer, and for me it works for under eyes and blemishes

pdtb050606

I just tried the sculpt yesterday for under my eyes and it looked horrible..it didn't "lay" well and looked really funky. I can't say anything about the erase paste b/c I haven't tried it.

rosasola1

studio sculpt, I do not recommend for under the eyes, it is ideal for spots or discolorations, even birth marks and such on the face.

ForgetRegret

^^ Most places will happily give you a sample of something...they tend to understand that you'd rather try something out than buy it and have to return it. As far as the studio sculpt goes...I agree about the undereye thing...it just doesn't sit right...if I were going to suggest MAC concealer, I'd buy Studio Finish. I've been using it since I can remember, and although I think I have concealers that I like better for covering up my blemishes (I'm severely acne-prone, and I get the deep, cystic nodules, so they're hard to cover, cuz it's like a bruise), the Studio Finish works really nicely for under my eyes, the bit of redness around my nose, etc. It comes in a pot too (same kind as the shadows come in), so it's very convenient and sanitary. HTH!

annikay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgetRegret
^^ Most places will happily give you a sample of something...they tend to understand that you'd rather try something out than buy it and have to return it. As far as the studio sculpt goes...I agree about the undereye thing...it just doesn't sit right...if I were going to suggest MAC concealer, I'd buy Studio Finish. I've been using it since I can remember, and although I think I have concealers that I like better for covering up my blemishes (I'm severely acne-prone, and I get the deep, cystic nodules, so they're hard to cover, cuz it's like a bruise), the Studio Finish works really nicely for under my eyes, the bit of redness around my nose, etc. It comes in a pot too (same kind as the shadows come in), so it's very convenient and sanitary. HTH!

Yeah, I say forget these two and get Studio Finish - I've had all three, and Benefit Boi-ing, too - and Studio Finish is the best.
winks.gif

ksaelee

hmm i tried studio finish and it was too dry and light, studio sculpt blended very smoothly and i haven't had any problems...but i also use it sparingly, and i have combo/oily skin

Whisperwar

Thanks for all the help guys
smiles.gif
I'm gonna go today and get a sample of the erase paste and see how it goes, and then will definitely look at the studio finish as well
smiles.gif

kittykit

I've both Erase Paste and Studio Sculpt. For me Erase Paste works more like a brightener than a concealer. Studio Sculpt is great for blemishes and scars but not for under eyew.

My all time favourite concealer is Bobby Brown Creamy Concealer and Corrector.

peachy pink

I'll be running out of "booing" and I don't really like it, so I'm already looking for a new undereye concealer ... Studio Finish sounds quite good so far. Especially since the MAC 194 was in my brush set and I really want to get to use it!

liquidsirenhoney

i have erase paste and i don't tend to use it, for whatever reason it makes under my eyes look darker unless i use their powder flauge and i don't tend to like any of the MAC stuff either so i think i will be looking for a product to use..

gildedangel

I like Studio Finish, it works well for both under the eyes and for blemishes! I agree, Studio Sculpt doesn't do so well under the eyes.