ES advice please - with photos

wolfsong

The newer fakes have double fronted boxes, so you cant use that as a clue anymore unfortunately
ssad.gif

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsong
The newer fakes have double fronted boxes, so you cant use that as a clue anymore unfortunately
ssad.gif

well, i suppose it was only a matter of time til they perfected that bit.
ssad.gif

redambition

rockin: i just checked my shadows and i have mix of the two label types that appear on yours. some of mine have the LONDON, others have the LONDON and alphanumeric code... and some are brighter black with whiter text, some look more grey with light grey text. my plumage is the most prominent, it seriously looks like a shiny black label with almost white text.

the only es i still have in a pot has a slight ridge where the clear and black plastic meet on the lid when you run your finger over it. visibly, you can't see much of a difference between the clear and the black plastic.

all my shadows were purchased directly from MAC.

julie150463

Here we go ladies

More photos. I still can't see a difference other than the bottom swatch (suspect) is a tiny bit darker.
th_confused_new.gif

I bow to your expert opinions and comments
S1051389.jpg

Genuine one?

Suspect one - bottom swatch - sorry a bit blurry

State of the horrible boxes
Apologies for the layout - I can't get the text and photos where I want them

S1051390.jpg

S1051391.jpg

Edit to say Colour is Budding Beauty

panda0410

my dear, we have two different colours! one of them has to be fake!! I dont know which though, I dont own a lot of e/s
ssad.gif

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
my dear, we have two different colours! one of them has to be fake!! I dont know which though, I dont own a lot of e/s
ssad.gif

Well if the boxes are to go by it'll be the bottom one. So you can definitely see a difference? I thought I could but then when I kept looking at them I started to doubt my own sanity. Well if nothing else you've confirmed I'm not going mad or perhaps you've joined me in the mad house
winks.gif

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie150463
Well if the boxes are to go by it'll be the bottom one. So you can definitely see a difference? I thought I could but then when I kept looking at them I started to doubt my own sanity. Well if nothing else you've confirmed I'm not going mad or perhaps you've joined me in the mad house
winks.gif

Yep, they look like two different colours - not just darker but two separate colours. You're not going loopy hun, and hopefully neither am I....LOL!!
th_wink3.gif

Latest posts