Espresso vs Embark for WOC

Mandy4610

Which do you prefer for multipurpose?

What "not so obvious" colors go with them? and by "not so obvious" I mean very subtle, barely there colors.

Thanks

bcsweetascandy

I like both colors, but I lean more towards Espresso...I'll use Embark to fill in my brows. Espresso looks really pretty with Paradisco if you want something subtle.

spectrolite

^I prefer Embark personally. I use it to fill in my brows and when I do a natural look I use it to deepen my crease. I use it with MSF Natural in Dark on my lids or other MSF's like Brunette or Warm Blend on my lid. I'm sure it would look great in the crease with almost any colour - bold or subtle
smiles.gif
I find that Espresso is not deep enough for my liking, it's too close to my skin colour or something.

GucciGirl

I personally love Embark. Its dark enough to do brows and smoke out your eye. Its a great alternative to carbon for a more subtle smokey eye.

LADII UNIQUE

I used to use espresso for my brows It looks nice for a suitable soft smokey eye I heard alot of good things about embark I guess I should pick it up on my next visit

GlamQueen21

I'd go with Embark since that color is great for the outer V. I don't own it and I will need to get it sometime.

Nepenthe

I don't own either, but my go to dark brown is Handwritten. I use it in my crease, along my lash line and sometimes for my brows.

I often pair it with Tete-A-Tint, Soba, Texture or Tempting.

rouquinne

Embark is my favourite dark brown - it is my best go-to shade for the crease or outer V when doing a smokey eye.

edited to add that i'm super-pale, but i had to respond to this poll because i bought Embark the week the colour first came out and i think i'm on my 3rd or 4th one already!

lol.gif

moondeva

Neither...

Embark is too red on my cool toned (MAC NW44 / Sleek Sepia / Revlon Colorstay Caramel) chocolate skin. Espresso is cooler but too ash brown.

I am currently completely in love with the delicious milk chocolate brown of Handwritten for crease and smokey eye looks but tend to use Concrete for brows and definition.

chocolategoddes

for my skintone, I prefer Espresso. But I like using a warmer color like Embarked for contouring the eyes and cheeks (used lightly of course!)

malaviKat

I own both, but I find myself reaching for Espresso more. Embark has a little too red of an undertone for my general neutral preferences. (If I am doing a "sunset" eye with oranges or burgandies however, it might work well.)

Generally I like to pair Espresso with Bamboo, Wedge or Cork (and Blanc Type if I want something really light.) These are all matte or satin textures so they do a lovely neutral eye that is VERY subtle.

Latest posts