Essence of Beauty brushes from drugstores

.k.

i bought a travel set of essence brushes at CVS which had like 4 burshes for 10 bucks. they are really good! nice fluffy and soft! cant beat the quality for the price! also i recently bought two more eyeshadow brushes that are really good too!

MissDiva

Re: essence brushes from durgstores

i swear by these brushes!,they are really soft and durable,the foundation brush is amazing

meiming

Yup I agree. I was at CVS one night and came across a eyeshadow brush (don't remember what kind) combo with 2 smudgers for $2!! How can you beat that?! Actually I like the shadow brush a lot and plan to go back for more of their brushes myself
smiles.gif

MissDiva

you should try to buy it online on the cvs website, they have it on sale sometimes..just an online deal.
i boought 8 essence of beauty brushes for $25 while they could have cost me almost $40 if i went to the store.

j_absinthe

I have a bootleg 187 dupe by Essence of Beauty. It was free and is pretty flimsy, but it's an ok substitute untill I can afford the real thing.

ruqayya33

iagree.gif
with all of you above regarding the nice quality and cheap price of the EoB brushes at CVS.

I bought several of the small concealer brushes that came with the bonus of a thin "precision" concealer. Got a deal of BOGO1/2. At $5.99 for 4 brushes I couldn't resist. (I already did own one of the concealer brushes and therefore knew that my money would be well spend.)

They are decent for use liquid, cream and powder concealers.... but love using them for foiling loose mineral e/s. The bristles are verrrrry soft, yet hold the e/s well and apply it evenly.

snugglebunny

I agree, EoB brushes are great =)

They are really affordable and are very very reasonably soft, but of course not as soft as the higher end brands that use better hairs, synthetic and/or real.

The only two things I didn't like about this brand is that it sheds. Now it doesn't shed like a cat. It only shedded a couple times out of moderate usage. This includes the big and medium sized powder brushes and the eyeshade dome brush that was part of a 4-piece set.

The other thing I didn't like about the brand was that when I washed my brushes, it was bleeding a lot. The color came out to be a foresty-green with a touch of dark blue for me. Pretty color for an eyeshadow but not for this brush when its bleeding lol.

Great brush for those who do not mind bleeding and shedding. I personally don't care that horribly about the shedding and bleeding. Yes, I do prefer it to not bleed and shed, but it's not like those factors annoy me to death. EoB is great for beginners or anyone who is on a budget or just feels like saving money to buy other makeup with the money saved from buying these brushes.

komischkatze

I love these brushes too. I had an old stick eyeshadow that I'd been hanging onto for years because it had a great smudge brush on the other end, but once I picked up the EOB smudge set I finally tossed it. CVS often puts these on 50% off sales around here so I've been stocking up lately. It's a great way to round out my brush selection without spending tons.

ash10spro

i agree! i just recently bought the kabuki and the contoured blush brush, and i LOVE them! they are soooo soft, and work amazing! i want to go back to check and see if they have foundation brushes!

mishameesh

I'm so with you guys on this! I love EoB brushes! I've been a fan of them for years! the majority of my brushes are from them! They are good quality and affordable. No need to spend more.

ruqayya33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash10spro
i agree! i just recently bought the kabuki and the contoured blush brush, and i LOVE them! they are soooo soft, and work amazing! i want to go back to check and see if they have foundation brushes!

Yes they do have foundation brushes.... I think they come in 2 sizes..... I bought one (the bigger of the 2), but haven't used it yet. The bristles are soft and don't shed a lot. I washed it and it doesn't bleed, either.

lanise1328

I came across these brushes and I fell in LoVe. They are so soft. When ever I use them on other people they always comment on them. They are just great!

~MARIETTE~

Essence of Beauty Brushes

Anyone else use these???

They are my primary go-to synthetic brushes. I love how they work, and they are fairly inexpensive. I think I pretty much have them all now. I particularly like their Kabuki brush. It applies MSF flawlessly. I also cant say enough about their crease brush duo. I highly reccommend them.

crease brush duo

Kabuki

oracle1

Re: Essence of Beauty Brushes

I love them as well. My favorites are the Fine Concealer Brush(I use it to apply concealer under my brows) and the Mini Crease Brush( Superb for the crease area)

almmaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_absinthe
I have a bootleg 187 dupe by Essence of Beauty. It was free and is pretty flimsy, but it's an ok substitute untill I can afford the real thing.

Really I have never seen them and I have been to alot of CVS.

BEA2LS

i like them a lot, i have a travel kit kind with foundation/concealor, eye shadow/blending and a blush/power brush (double-end) i really do like them alot but im not real picky when it comes to brushes

Delerium

The crease brush duo is my favorite. I also have one of the concealer brushes which I like as well.

Latest posts