Essential Green Eyeshadows?

Tonitra

I'm planning on picking up a few green eyeshadows in the next couple days, so I'm wondering what you all favor, and if you have any advice you can offer me on what would go well together.
For background, I'm pale with blonde hair and blue eyes.
The eyeshadows i've been contemplating include Overgrown (all the beautidul FOTD's using this colour in the last couple days have sold me on this), Humid, Swimming, and Steamy.
Thanks a lot!

Kat

Yay for buying greens!!

Humid is gorgeous...but very full on and quite dark if not applied correctly. It makes a great liner. I love it with Sprout on the lid (humid on outer third and crease). i gather Sprout is quite hard to find. Swimming is pretty as well, but it's a lustre so it depends if you're a fan of lustres or not I guess. I love Juxt myself...especially with beautiful iris.

Steamy isn't really what i'd call a green...but it is very pretty! Although I prefer shimmermoss because although it's very similar, it seems a little more vibrant to me
smiles.gif

Pushpa

guacamole is a bit bright but looks nice with steamy and swimming

juxt is a nice light green for hilighting or using n e where

poppy z

I love fiction, sprout and humid.
You have great green fluidlines: sweet sage (gold/green) and shade (emeraude green). I use it on a tutorial (the purple/green tutorial, If you want to see it on me!) that you can use like a liner or on the lid.
And there are great pigment too: teal.
And I use Club with blue brown pigment: good effect!!!

hope that helps you

LatinaRose

Humid - and I love it full on and dramatic!!

Also, greensmoke and some pigments - teal, forest green, emerald green, and landscape green.

I love green!!!

liquidsirenhoney

i love greens, i wear them the most...my favorites are swimming, kelly green pigment, landscape green pigment and i like ud vert.

MACmermaid

i say yay for buying greens too!
smiles.gif
they are my favorite!

for brighter greens, i'd say humid (definitely), juxt, bitter or overgrown, and swimming (it is a lustre but not one of the horrible lustres).

for dirty/olive-y greens, i'd recommend sumptuous olive, greensmoke, velvet moss.

femme noir is also good to have for adding depth to your greens or for a liner.

have fun!
smiles.gif

scrapbookromance

I adore Juxt, is was my first green and one of my first shadows in my original quad I made (I guess its kinda sentimental to me). but I also love humid and swimming. overgrown seems to be all the rage right now, but I have bitter and it does the job for a bright green
smiles.gif

maybe you could just swatch all the greens at your store/counter on your arm. and then walk away from the lighting there so you can see what the colors look like on your skin in different lighting.

Tonitra

Thanks so much for all the wonderful advice!
I favour brighter colours, so I think I will definitely go with humid, and probably overgrown (seeing as how I don't have bitter), and then see how everything else looks when I get there.

Vennie

good choices!

My brighter faves are Humid, Swimming, Juxt and Golden Olive pigment. For muted greens i love Scarab and Sumptous Olive.

kimmy

humid and juxt are my favourite greens. ones very dark, the other light so they work really well together. plus humid makes a great smoky effect
smiles.gif
and juxt...don't even get me started, i swear by this stuff.

MAC_Pixie04

Humid, Velvet Moss, Swimming, Juxt, Greensmoke, Sumptuous Olive, Golden Olive Pigment, Old Gold pigment and if you ever wanna do a deep smokey green eye, you need Femme Noir

user4

humid is a necessity for EVERYONE!!!
velvet moss is great, so is sumptuous olive (great neutral), if ur going now i would say overgrown (awsome bright color)////

Latest posts