Estee Lauder

Artemis

I love Estee Lauder foundations and mascaras. Double wear foundation is my new favorite. Doesn't fade that much, light weight and gives decent coverage and it's not oily at all..the color is a bit pink but it's better that my pervious foundation that was way too orange. I love the mascaras too. They don't flake and make my lashes so long.

Now, those are only estee lauder products I use...I go to MAC for everything else.

what are you opinions on Estee lauder.

miss_emc

Artemis I totally agree with you, i've been loyal to Double Wear for about 2 years now because i've got a bit of acne scarring and working in the cosmetics industry you need to be covered and it needs to stay put! I've not come across any other foundation (even M.A.C) that has lasted longer throughout the day than Double Wear. As for the mascaras i've tried Lash XL and Magnascopic and they were ok, but nothing special IMO.

Oh, and btw if your wondering what the best product is to get Double Wear off your face (and your foundation brush LOL) then the 'Take It Away Makeup Remover' certainly does it. I use it first to take off the Double Wear then my foaming cleanser to give my skin a bit more of a deep clean. I find that Double Wear tends to stick to my foundation brushes so you can also use that to remove it.

Dark_Phoenix

I love their Pure Color Liquid Eyeliner in Pure Black.
I've borrowed my mom's Fluidline and I like the EL better. It's brush is nice and short and the handle is too so you don't get liner all over your hands, lol. Liquid is usually tricky to use but I think this stuff makes it easy.

I have a few of their palettes that I got in a caboodle set I split with mom... they're okay. I think MAC is better. The shadows aren't very wild or satured. Very mute.

flowerhead

Whenever I get a spot (which is rare) I use the Disappear creme concealer on it, and it covers it flawlessly, you cant tell it's there. Last summer, my friend's face got attacked by mosquitos and this was the only thing that covered the bite marks..I can't recommend it more. I like the pure pops lipgloss too.

kirari

Estee Lauder's Pure Color Crystal lip glosses in Psycadelic and Rainbow Prism are probably my two all time favorite lip glosses. I love how they feel, look, and taste.

I've tried Double Wear before and really liked it, too.

iamlelilien

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirari
Estee Lauder's Pure Color Crystal lip glosses in Psycadelic and Rainbow Prism are probably my two all time favorite lip glosses. I love how they feel, look, and taste.

I've tried Double Wear before and really liked it, too.

Just the NAME Rainbow Prism makes me want that, and I don't even know what it looks like. What color is it?

kirari

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlelilien
Just the NAME Rainbow Prism makes me want that, and I don't even know what it looks like. What color is it?

In the bottle its a holographic "rainbow" thats so pastel that its almost white. My batteries in my camera are dead, but theres a pic of it here My tube tends to pick up more purple and green in the little, but its still gorgeous.

On the lips it tends to pick up coloring in your natural lip color (or in the lip shade). I love it.

redambition

i love the illusionist WP mascara. the only thing that has prevented me from repurchasing is the price.

i also currently have a sample of equalizer foundation - i'm hoping it works out for me as the colour is a perfect match! i'm over mixing foundations to get a good colour.

Jacq-i

I love Rainbow Prism lipgloss!! It was my HG lipgloss, until I found out the ingredients... I'm nearly vegan, so it was a no-no for me.
ssad.gif

I'm desperately trying to find an alternative for this... I'm going to the MAC store tomorrow to look. Wish me luck!
winks.gif

xheylushx

I haven't worn estee lauder in forever, my grandmother always used to get free stuff because she wears "pleasures" and they would always give her free stuff along with the gifts and she would just pass it along to me. I miss the mascara it was amazing, I might have to go pick up some.

elba114

I adore EL Double Wear Light in 1.0. See Im fair skinned, and this is a beautiful match for me. It has great coverage, true to color, light as a feather. not only does it help conceal but its longwearing too! up to 15 hrs. ( not too shabby). since im from the new england area, the temp. changes, so i also found out that Double Wear light is transfer resistant, humitity resistant, with SPF 10! Love love Love it!!

I also agree that using the take it away total makeup remover is the way to go! I use them in the towelettes. Super Simple!

KimmyAnn_678

I like their Magnascopic mascara, and I use their Clear Difference oil control Lotion as well as the Cleanser and Take It Away. Double Wear and Double Matte are in my foundation rotation as well.

As for eyeshadows, they colors do tend to be a more muted, of course because they're marketed to a different group of women
smiles.gif
But their Amethyst, Smokey, Lilac and Cherry Ice are 4 of my favs and I use them all the time. I find them to be very high quality, long wearing shadows
smiles.gif

Kuuipo

I prefer Estee Lauder to MAC. Their lipsticks are creamier, their eyeshadows have a more velvety consistancy, love their cleanser, their powders and foundations are better and their mascara is better. Love their lip and eye (spice writer rules) pencils.

Latest posts