Euro 2008

lalunia

Hello ladies! I know there are many European girls (and boys) here and was wondering what are your thoughts on the tournament so far? Who are you rooting for? Who do you think will win and what do you think is the biggest shocker so far??

I'm for Poland all the way and am hoping they will advance out of the group with Germany. I was shocked to se Italy lose by 3 goals and after that game, I think the cup can go to anyone (hopefully Poland!!)
thmbup.gif

Shaquille

I used to live in the Netherlands and soccer is very big there.. they're doing good this time, but I don't root for them hehe..
I was hoping that Greece will be big again here, but I don't think so..
My fav team is still France.. they're in that *h*ll group* too

Corvs Queen

I live maybe 15 minutes from Innsbruck. It's complete and total madness here. I hate soccer so I see it as major hassle/annoyance. Good for our economy though.

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalunia
I'm for Poland all the way and am hoping they will advance out of the group with Germany. I was shocked to se Italy lose by 3 goals and after that game, I think the cup can go to anyone (hopefully Poland!!)
thmbup.gif

cheerleader.gif
yay Poland!

I am hoping Poland advance in the tournament as well.

HOTasFCUK

I'm Italian so i guess you know who i cheer for? We were all very shocked by that loss yesterday especillay since the Italian team was crowned the world champions just two years ago! The first goal, i believe, was very controversial but the Netherlands are no doubt a good team too! You should've seen all the news stories here in Toronto for the Italy game coverage. Soccer is HUGE here but even bigger with Italians! We shut down the city when they won 2 years ago so you can imagine all the news crews covering the devastating loss yesterday! I am still holding high hopes for Italy!

FORZA ITALIA!!!
smiles.gif

and best of luck to all the other countries!

blazeno.8

Haha, I'm not European, but I've been keeping up with it (somewhat). I'm not cheering any team in particular on, but I do like seeing different countries in the spotlight from this.
smiles.gif

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaquille
I used to live in the Netherlands and soccer is very big there.. they're doing good this time, but I don't root for them hehe..
I was hoping that Greece will be big again here, but I don't think so..
My fav team is still France.. they're in that *h*ll group* too

You're telling me! I work in Bern which is one of the hosting cities, and it was pure madness here on Monday!! The whole city was full of Oranjes (orange) fans. It was nuts, and kind of annoying when you have to get through the city everyday to get to work. All the trams were stopped so I had to walk, ugh. Well, it's fun, but tbh I'm glad when it's over and sanity is restored!

But the good thing is that there has been absolutely no hooliganism and rowdiness so far. Everyone is just having a good time, but remaining peaceful.

I'm thinking of documenting the madness this coming Friday, there's another game in Bern Holland vrs. France which should be huge. I might upload a video on my Youtube channel then.

stacey4415

I am obviously thoroughly devestated that England didn't make it, apparantley the hosts were too, surveys show that English fans spend more on drink and food than any other nation?

Anyway, even though i shouldn't cause English history in both football and war, tells us we should have a subconscious hatred for Germany, i will be rooting for the Germans

ilovegreen

I was gutted England didn't get through but my support is with France as Henri, Zidane and Cantona are some of my sporting idols and I like the team's style of play.

Seeing how Portugal namley Ronaldo played the other night I think they might win it this year BOOOOOOOO !!!!!!

Moonspell

The same madness happened 2 years ago in Portugal, without sad incidents by those obsessed fans. It was very nice to see different European cultures together in the same table, socializing together for the same. There was a place “terreiro do paço” with a giant screen for the people without tickets watching the games and that place seemed a colourful garden from the sky.

Viva Portugal, good luck to all the countries.

Shadowy Lady

I'm not European but a huge soccer fan nontheless. I always support Italy so obviousely I'm very disappointed so far. I'm looking forward to the Friday match and hopefully Italy will do better.
I also like the German team and I believe that they'll go far
smiles.gif

lalunia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Switzerland is out, I couldn't care less tbh, but a lot of fans were crying! LOL

Poland is practically out as well and I admit I was thiiiiiis close to crying hehe. But then I realized it woudn't change anything and the Polish team would still stink. lol.

btw, Germany lost to Croatia?! I did not expact that. I like Croatia much better than germany but that totally put us out of the tournament.
nonono.gif

Doris_Doorframe

I am English so we all know that we are absolute rubbish & totally undeserving of being in the tournament anyway!

BUT I have decided that I would like to see Portugal win it; I can't help but adore Ronaldo's fancy footwork even if I do think he's a cheating so & so (ha ha) and they are a really good team, they work well together & don't really have many greedy players.

I also want Sweden to do well because the Swedish are unnaturally [edit: unfairly!] beautiful.

& did you know, that for every Austrian player who scores they get a lifetime supply of the major beer brand over there? Lucky lucky Austrian folk!

PS. I used to live in The Netherlands too, they are very football mad! Although I think that's the case wherever you go really
oh.gif
)

MissLorsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalunia

btw, Germany lost to Croatia?! I did not expact that. I like Croatia much better than germany but that totally put us out of the tournament.
nonono.gif

LOL we smacked germany!! The germans only had that one good shot podolski got and thats it.. They were outclassed in my opinion. Our defense was all over them like a bad rash hehehehe

Bilic is smashing it, he has reinvigorated and inspired our team! We've been struggling since the late 90s and the team is finally propsering - our young boys have risen to the opportunity and playing like a super team!! The age of the croatian squad is very young - ANDDDDD considering we are without our top striker Da Silva (who suffered a double compound fracture and dislocated ankle in the English Premier League) we are doing fantastically!!

Go CROATIA!!!

malvidia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
I'm Italian so i guess you know who i cheer for? We were all very shocked by that loss yesterday especillay since the Italian team was crowned the world champions just two years ago! The first goal, i believe, was very controversial but the Netherlands are no doubt a good team too! You should've seen all the news stories here in Toronto for the Italy game coverage. Soccer is HUGE here but even bigger with Italians! We shut down the city when they won 2 years ago so you can imagine all the news crews covering the devastating loss yesterday! I am still holding high hopes for Italy!

FORZA ITALIA!!!
smiles.gif

and best of luck to all the other countries!

yay
yahoo.gif

melliquor

I was completed gutted England didn't get it. Our boys need to do better next time. I am supporting Spain... only because I am hispanic and seems the closest choice for me plus doesn't hurt that Torres is in there. I love Liverpool!!!

Latest posts