evening out skin texture + dry skin moisturizer recs

everglot

alright so 2 questions -

1. i have the crappiest skin texture. it looks gross and bumpy like 90% of the time. i thought maybe it was that i wasn't using the right exfoliator because my skin is dry and flakes a lot but i noticed that even when i didn't see any flakes, it still looked...not very pleasant. so, do any of you guys have an recommendations on what i can use to help make my skin look better?

2. i need help picking out a good moisturizer for dryer skin. i was/am using philosophy's hope in a jar because it came with my clarisonic but it didn't do much for me. i use philosophy's purity cleanser along with st.ives green tea scrub to help control my break outs and right now i'm switching between using cosmedicine's and ren's exfoliators.

any help is greatly appreciated. thanks!

Mabelle

i would suggest something to increase yours skin cellualar turn over... so generally anti ageing products. Right now im loving peter thomas roth products like the gentles correction pads. they will also help with acne and blackheads/tone. if you decide to use these, get the gentle as the reg are harsh!!
As for moisturizers Day: Quecertin and oak by korres, and night (my absolute fav EVER!!!!) Pure perfetion by ole henriksen. honestly, it improved my skins texture and tone ten fold! absolutely love this product.

If you dont want to try those correction pads you could try a could otehr things to exfoliate. You can try a weekly peel. I like the 3 step by ole henriksen, but its pricey. Other nice ones include that by juice beauty, and the philosophy one is popular, though it does nothing for me. Ive also heard great things about the pumpkin enzyme mask by peter thomas roth

AllisonWeaver

Have you tried Philosophy's Hope in a Jar moisturizer for dry and sensitive skin? I quit using it as my nightly moisturizer because, though I have dry skin, I found it to be too moisturizing for night. I did have exceptionally dry skin last winter, and I used it as my day time moisturizer and loved it.
Depending on how dry your skin is, you might try applying a layer of moisturizer, allowing it time to be absorbed, and applying a second layer.

Philosophy Hope in a Jar moisturizer for Dry and Sensitive Skin