Ever feel stuck in a makeup rut? FOTD catch up, 4 looks [picture heavy!]

blackeneddove

Yeah, long time no FOTD again.. For the past month or more I've just been feeling that every time I do a look, it sucks and I'm so unsatisfied I'll take it off before I even do the next eye and stick to just liner.. I've just been really unhappy and feel like my skills just got worse, I've been having problems with my crease and blending and everything, blaaah!
Here are some looks that I've decided to share that I think turned out decent, starting from the most recent look.. hopefully I get out of this rut soon.
All products MAC unless otherwise stated.

*Look 1: Followed Clara's "icy blue" tut (her look was better, obviously!)

Eyes:
- Painterly paint pot
- L'oreal Pure Pearl e/s
- Big T e/s (my bff gave me this, she's awesome!)
- Black Tied e/s
- Wet n Wild white liner
- Blacktrack fluidline
- Ardell lacies
- Maybelline great lash mascara
- CG brow pencil in Midnight Brown (desperately need a new pencil to match my new hair color!!)
- Benefit she-laq over brows (this is a miracle- brows dont smudge for 12+ hours!)

Face:
- L'oreal Bare Naturale mineral powder in Light Ivory
- CG concealer
- Fleur Power blush
- Fix +

Lips:
-Blankety l/s with random no name gloss, but I like bright lips better so changed it to Magenta l/l, Up the Amp l/s and Funtabulous d/g

1-14.jpg

4-13.jpg

2-15.jpg

3-14.jpg

*Look 2: Club

Eyes:
- Painterly paint pot
- Sharkskin s/s
- Club e/s
- Woodwinked e/s
- Black Tied e/s
- L'oreal Pure Pearl e/s
- Blacktrack fluidline
- Ardell lacies
- CG brow pencil in Midnight Brown
- Benefit she-laq over brows

Face:
same as above

Lips:
Saint Germain l/s

4-14.jpg

2-16.jpg

3-15.jpg

^ no flash

*Look 3: Warm look

Eyes:
- Painterly paint pot
- Scatterrays solarbits foiled w/ Fix +
- Coppering e/s
- Sketch e/s
- Black Tied e/s
- L'oreal Pure Pearl e/s
- CG brow pencil in Midnight Brown
- Benefit she-laq over brow

Face:
same as above, but Ambering Rose blush instead

Lips:
Blankety l/s, layered over Morange l/s

3-16.jpg

4-15.jpg

1-16.jpg

2-17.jpg

*Look 4: I've done this look before but didn't know what to do that day

Eyes:
- Bare Canvas paint
- Golden Olive e/s
- Humid e/s
- Black Tied e/s
- L'oreal Pure Pearl e/s
- Blacktrack fluidline
- NYC brow pencil in dark brown

Face:
same as always!

Lips:
Lollipop Loving l/s

IMG_2994.jpg

only one pic, sorry guys

So.. thanks for looking, CC and comments always welcome!
xo Chelsea

BeccalovesMAC

did u change the color u use for ur brows? I remember then being darker. I like them lighter. All ur looks are very pretty!

rockin26

Did you use Club e/s all over the lid or is there some Woodwinked in the center to break it up? Looks great though, one I'll try for myself!!

blackeneddove

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
Those are all so beautiful! I have only recently gotten out of my own makeup rut of several months.

Thank you!.. and then you must know how it feels.. makeup ruts are horrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccalovesMAC
did u change the color u use for ur brows? I remember then being darker. I like them lighter. All ur looks are very pretty!

Thank you, and I did change the color.. it doesn't match my hair perfectly, but I think it's better than the darker brown I'd been using!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin26
Did you use Club e/s all over the lid or is there some Woodwinked in the center to break it up? Looks great though, one I'll try for myself!!

Actually, I used Woodwinked just in the inner corner of my eye, and that's it. I used Club all over my lid, when it's more green it's over Sharkskin, and higher up towards my brow bone where it looks really brown it's over Painterly- crazy how different it looks over different bases! And I used just a bit of Black Tied in my outer v, hope that helps!
smiles.gif

lunargale

I LOVE them all but look 3 is by far my favorite... so pretty.! I might do something similar soon.

Stardustcolor

Love all the looks! I hate makeup ruts. I keep a subscription folder of all the looks on specktra that really wow me for inspiration when I am in a rut. I added this one to the folder! Love them all <3

luhly4

ive missed your fotds! these are all gorgeous, my favorite is the 2nd. your hair is cute and the double nostril piercings look awesome on you
yes.gif

blackeneddove

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunargale
I LOVE them all but look 3 is by far my favorite... so pretty.! I might do something similar soon.

Thanks, you should post it if you do it!
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardustcolor
Love all the looks! I hate makeup ruts. I keep a subscription folder of all the looks on specktra that really wow me for inspiration when I am in a rut. I added this one to the folder! Love them all <3

Aww thanks so much! I have an inspiration folder too but sometimes when I try to actually recreate the looks they just never turn out the same!
Quote:
Originally Posted by L1LMAMAJ
all of them are amazing!!
smiles.gif
whenever i'm in a makeup rut, i go on specktra.

Same here, this place is the best! I get inspired, I just can never seem to get things right sometimes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedBeauty
i LOVE your hair!!!
smiles.gif

and i love all the looks. The last one is my favorite.

Thanks a bunch, but.. I hate my hair! All the curls are natural, I just don't know what to do with it since I've been growing it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luhly4
ive missed your fotds! these are all gorgeous, my favorite is the 2nd. your hair is cute and the double nostril piercings look awesome on you
yes.gif

smiles.gif
Thanks.. I always seem to post a few weeks worth of FOTDS at once! And I haven't been doing much lately.. I should be more efficient about posting though!

And thanks for all your comments everyone! I really appreciate it

olddcassettes

the first look is the hottest! dont get yourself down about it.....we all go through those moments, but seriously, nothing wrong with your application of makeup at ALL! i love the looks!

Pink_Ruve

Love all of the looks! Especially look #2! I'll definitely be trying it out!

Quick Question though: did you use sharkskin all over the lid and painterly for the brow? or did you do something differently?

amyzon

I think any hobby that takes creativity is going to come with ruts. They suck, but when you're doing your "just liner" and it still looks fabulous, remember is it REALLY a big deal that you didn't come up with a unique color combination for every single day? noooo... lol

My only cc.. Smile!!!

Junkie

Really pretty...all of them - love the symmetrical nose studs - I wanted this done, but never got around to it, then took my original one out along with my bridge
ssad.gif

I've really been wanting to try out my pan of Club - this gave me good reason
smiles.gif

Latest posts