Everything and the kitchen sink too!

hyperRealGurl

very pretty
smiles.gif

Showgirl

A quick question: I just bought Kiddie Pool (it's SOOOO pretty swatched and in the pot) but I can't get the sparkles to stay on my eyes at all, they keep ending up on my cheeks in about two minutes flat! I've tried applying it wet and with base (MAC Paint).... have you had the same problem with it, and do you have any tips for using this shadow? I want to love it, but I don't like glittery cheeks.....

Sho

MizzMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showgirl
A quick question: I just bought Kiddie Pool (it's SOOOO pretty swatched and in the pot) but I can't get the sparkles to stay on my eyes at all, they keep ending up on my cheeks in about two minutes flat! I've tried applying it wet and with base (MAC Paint).... have you had the same problem with it, and do you have any tips for using this shadow? I want to love it, but I don't like glittery cheeks.....

Sho

Thank you for the lovely compliments guys
smiles.gif
You're all so sweet!
friends.gif

showgirl, flattered you asked me for advice
winks.gif

I love UD shadows in a major way
winks.gif
And they are a bit tricky to work with
smiles.gif

I prep my eye with benefit boing,apply UD primer, brush on the shadow and it sticks all day
smiles.gif
Nary a crease in sight and no loss of glitter and sparkle!

I have the problem where I am getting tons of sparkles and glitter below my eye area and onto my cheeks and such but I've eliminated that nasty little problem by using sponge applicators to apply shadows and using my other brushes to blend after application! I find this also lets the shadow adhere really well and I get more coverage of my entire eye area with a sponge as well!

If you think kiddie pool is bad you should see the mess cherry and exhaust make!

If it really gets too annoying you can give the UD Deluxe shadows a try! No sparkle/glitter bits but tons of highly pigmented shadow! The color Peace is somewhat similiar to kiddie pool if you're looking for a nice aqua/teal color!

Hope this helps a little bit
smiles.gif

Peace------->
1100.jpg

Showgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDarcy
Thank you for the lovely compliments guys
smiles.gif
You're all so sweet!
friends.gif

showgirl, flattered you asked me for advice
winks.gif

I love UD shadows in a major way
winks.gif
And they are a bit tricky to work with
smiles.gif

I prep my eye with benefit boing,apply UD primer, brush on the shadow and it sticks all day
smiles.gif
Nary a crease in sight and no loss of glitter and sparkle!

I have the problem where I am getting tons of sparkles and glitter below my eye area and onto my cheeks and such but I've eliminated that nasty little problem by using sponge applicators to apply shadows and using my other brushes to blend after application! I find this also lets the shadow adhere really well and I get more coverage of my entire eye area with a sponge as well!

If you think kiddie pool is bad you should see the mess cherry and exhaust make!

If it really gets too annoying you can give the UD Deluxe shadows a try! No sparkle/glitter bits but tons of highly pigmented shadow! The color Peace is somewhat similiar to kiddie pool if you're looking for a nice aqua/teal color!

Hope this helps a little bit
smiles.gif

Peace------->
1100.jpg

Thanks honey!!! I used to have both Exhaust and Uzi and gave up on 'em /gave 'em away because of glitter dandruff and swore "no more UD glitter shadows", but when I saw Kiddie Pool on sale, and it's sooooo pretty, I couldn't say no....

I maybe need to give UDPP another try at some point. I had a bottle and used it all up, but towards the end, it started to make my inner eyelinds tingle and smart in a way I didn't think was particularly healthy, so I switched to MAC pains.

MizzMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showgirl
Thanks honey!!! I used to have both Exhaust and Uzi and gave up on 'em /gave 'em away because of glitter dandruff and swore "no more UD glitter shadows", but when I saw Kiddie Pool on sale, and it's sooooo pretty, I couldn't say no....

I maybe need to give UDPP another try at some point. I had a bottle and used it all up, but towards the end, it started to make my inner eyelinds tingle and smart in a way I didn't think was particularly healthy, so I switched to MAC pains.

Your most welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wavey.gif

LOL glitter dandruff
smiles.gif

That's interesting! I haven't had any problems with the UDPP yet!! Try some boing it's really a great adhesive for shadows!

I like the paints but I feel like bare canvas is the only one I can use as a base! The others just clash with my shadows! I need to work with them a bit more and see what I can create
winks.gif

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You Jas!
smiles.gif