excessive?

jessiekins1

i just bought two l/e mac shadows in ebay
ebay.gif
and they charged me $19usd for shipping to canada. the two shadows only cost me $19usd! so i paid 100% shipping.
WTF2.gif
if my package shows up and the shipping label dosn't say $19 i'm so giving the seller hell for over-charging!
angry.gif

brandiisamonkey

wow thats nuts... the most I ever had to pay to ship to canada was $13 and it was a hguge package that I sent registerd mail...

Beauty Mark

Ebay sellers are notorious for excessive shipping. I've ordered many things off there where the shipping has only been a fraction of the actual cost.

MiCHiE

^So true. Many sellers believe you should be paying for their time, gas and even waiting in line at the Post Office and they tack it on to the shipping cost.

caffn8me

Two eye shadows together in their boxes weigh 1 ounce. Let's add another ounce for the envelope and padding. Shipping via US Postal Service Global Priority Mail from the USA to Canada in a small envelope would cost $4.25 and take 4-6 days. Faster services can cost a lot more and shipping by private carrier always will.

bellaetoile

wow, that's horrible. unfortunately, ebay doesn't really regulate overcharging on shipping costs, and very few sellers will offer money back. you can send them an e-mail voicing your dislike of their costs, but actually getting any money back, or reversing the transaction, is slim. chalk it up to a lesson learned, and next time, ask in advance what shipping costs will be. it's ridiculous the shit some sellers get away with, considering, like someone mentioned, shipping from ther US to canada, unless you use expedited services, is actually pretty cheap.

jessiekins1

yep, i should have asked in advance. oh well. there's some extra weird news too. the seller emailed me saying if i bought something else she'd only charge me $1.50 for shipping three shadows. :confused:

brandiisamonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiekins1
yep, i should have asked in advance. oh well. there's some extra weird news too. the seller emailed me saying if i bought something else she'd only charge me $1.50 for shipping three shadows. :confused:

umm wtf:confused:
hmm.gif

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
PM'ing you with a link to ebay's excessive shipping charges policy.
Unfortunately, if the shipping charges were listed in the auction and you bid on the item, you did agree to pay them. I know alot of people charge a very high shipping fee to avoid the ebay sellers fees.

aeni

There's a reason why I don't buy from sellers who charge extra "handling". In all my auctions, I make sure to tell people that I only charge what the PO charges. I take my bike to the PO, so it's not like a huge hassle whatsoever.

Hawkeye

you may want to file a complaint with paypal. That's ridiculous. It only costs in an envelope I use $4 S&H to get to Canada.