Exclusive Palette Colors

sigwing

I fell in love with Wintertwig and Modesty out of some old holiday palettes I have. I emailed MAC about whether one of them (don't remember which now) would ever come back, and they responded with a suggestion of mixing a couple shades to try to duplicate, but I wasn't pleased with that. I'd had the same experience with Kid at one time, and inquired at my MAC counter, to be informed that it was a palette color & they didn't have a full-size, but then it eventually came out as a permanent addition.

I'm wondering if anyone has had a palette shade they've wanted to get more of, but it wasn't available otherwise. OR if someone has the knowledge that it really WAS available later...but re-released with a different name! (Like I read about recently with Parrot and Kicky Blue!)

Turbokittykat

My mum is in love with Twillery from the Inventive Eyes quad and is getting through them at a rate of knots. I just found her a second quad on eBay and I'm arranging something to get a third for when she finishes that, but I don't know what she's going to do after that. MAC don't have a permanent colour quite like twillery, which is a shame because it's lovely.

Shawna

I love Twillery, and I love Thunder. MAC needs to come out with a permanent pink/rose e/s just like Thunder.

aznsmurfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokittykat
My mum is in love with Twillery from the Inventive Eyes quad and is getting through them at a rate of knots. I just found her a second quad on eBay and I'm arranging something to get a third for when she finishes that, but I don't know what she's going to do after that. MAC don't have a permanent colour quite like twillery, which is a shame because it's lovely.

MAC Goodbyes still has the Inventive Eyes quad ^_^ You could always just depot the Twillery and sell the other 3.
smiles.gif

badpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigwing
I fell in love with Wintertwig and Modesty out of some old holiday palettes I have. I emailed MAC about whether one of them (don't remember which now) would ever come back, and they responded with a suggestion of mixing a couple shades to try to duplicate, but I wasn't pleased with that. I'd had the same experience with Kid at one time, and inquired at my MAC counter, to be informed that it was a palette color & they didn't have a full-size, but then it eventually came out as a permanent addition.

I'm wondering if anyone has had a palette shade they've wanted to get more of, but it wasn't available otherwise. OR if someone has the knowledge that it really WAS available later...but re-released with a different name! (Like I read about recently with Parrot and Kicky Blue!)

I love Wintertwig too.
greengrin.gif

mekaboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznsmurfy
MAC Goodbyes still has the Inventive Eyes quad ^_^ You could always just depot the Twillery and sell the other 3.
smiles.gif

Isn't that wonderful, I just bought 2 last night!!!

Turbokittykat

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznsmurfy
smiles.gif

I'm in the UK though, so I can't order from the MAC website
ssad.gif
Still, we get out own website soon! (YAY!)

sigwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokittykat
I'm in the UK though, so I can't order from the MAC website
ssad.gif
Still, we get out own website soon! (YAY!)

Turbo...I guess I'd never realized that before! Have you ever called their 800# and asked about things you find on the website to see if they have a way of converting the price and payment method for you, or somehow having a method for people who order from other places?

I also wonder if there are credit cards that work around the world somehow, that if you used one of those type you could order from anywhere. Or if PayPal, once set up for you, can "convert" however is needed.

Back on topic...I fell in love with Velour in one of the Nat. Eccentric quads and found some extras on Ebay! At least that one was available outside of a palette or quad for a while!

72Cosmo

Pearl of the Earth- trend 2005 holiday palette
Cinders - trend 2005 holiday palette
Thunder (althou I didn't buy this palette I really want that color)

jenjunsan

Sunnyside Up - I think that is the name of it. It's from the Jewel Palette that had parrot (didn't personally care for parrot myself!).