Exercise and makeup?

Nessy

Hey hunny's

Im hoping you all can help me, ive recently decided to take up a exercise rota which includes alot of exercise, plus cycling to work. Now i really dont want to go to work makeupless so im wondering which makeup if any i can wear during working out which wont run ect. Or if any of you girlies wear makeup during exercise. Or if any of you have any ideas.

Hope someone can help

Nessy xx

xkatietron

Hi Nessy!
When I go to the gym, I usually just wear tinted moisturizer and concealer, and a TINY bit of powder. The only eye makeup I would recommend is *waterproof* mascara. You don't want your eye makeup running down under your eyes, it makes me look like a zombie haha. And just a little something that I always do, if I'm going natural on the eyes, I always make sure my eyebrows are groomed and shaped and looking nice, it just makes you look more fresh(?) and awake. Hope this help! Good luck!

Nessy

Thanks xkatieton i will probably invest in waterproof mascara i havent had any before as read it dries out your eyelashes :\ oh i love the idea of well groomed eyebrows probably makes the world of good
smiles.gif

Nessy xx

mizuki~

I would say none but if you must, I say tinted moisturizer and/or concealer if you need. You don't want to look like you have anything on while working out unless you wanted to hide huge imperfections. It is the gym afterall, and not a beauty pageant, so I doubt anyone will notice uneven skintone or stuff like that
smiles.gif

Rudyru

Pssh, Mizuki, there are mega sexy men on the prowl, you can never look too fabulous! xD

But yeah, for me, I wouldn't want too much on my face while working out. It would just feel waaay uncomfy with sweat and foundation swimming around my face. Talk about break out city! So a tinted moisturizer and a good nights rest for the under eye circles!
greengrin.gif

Nessy

Thanks everyone for your reply's i wasnt mainly asking about the gym, more about cycling to work as i dont really want to apply my makeup at work lol.

Nessy xx

Tinnsla

I play sports, and sometimes I just feel like looking a little "better" than my natural self...

In that case i will usually use concealer, tinted moisturizer, waterproof eyeliner (fluidline), Waterproof mascara (I love L´Oreal Voluminous, it does not budge, and Maybelline Volume Express is good too), and I will do my brows. Just make sure the (eye) products are really waterproof before you use them when you exercise
winks.gif

TheWorldsDresse

A lot of women come to the gym straight from work or during lunch so thankfully it's not a big deal here to see ladies with a full face on. When I'm going to the gym from home, I use a bit of concealer, mascara, gloss and tightline my lower lid (which I always do...if I do nothing else, I always tightline).

FWIW - there have only been two eyeliners (that I've tried) that last through a 120 minute spin/cycle class: Biotique Kohl Liner and Guerlain Kohl liner.

ritchieramone

I mostly go to the gym straight after work so I'm always wearing whatever make-up I've had on during the day. I'm also always pushed for time, so I just wash everything off when I'm done. It's probably not the best arrangement, but my skin doesn't seem bothered.

I wear StudioFix powder (touched up with Blot Powder) as my daily foundation and it holds up pretty well during my 60-90 minute work-outs (a mix of cardio, resistance and free weights). I wear Plush Lash, MAC eyeshadow and/or pigment with Bare Canvas as a base and it's usually 95% unscathed, even after a lot of sweating so I would think it could easily withstand a bit of cycling.

When I go to the gym at the weekend, I just have a little StudioFix powder on my cheeks as they go *really* red even without any exercise and I'm very self-conscious about it.

Makeupaddict88

Usually when I go to the gym, I skip on concealer and foundation and just rub some bronzer on my cheeks and nose. It makes it look "natural" with the flush of my skin when I work out. I also wear eyeliner and mascara and that's it. I don't sweat much when I work out (weird I know haha) so I don't have to worry about anything running on my face.

Nessy

Thanks everyone
greengrin.gif
for the reply's it sounds like it should be ok for me to cycle to work with a full face on
greengrin.gif
, ill probably fix any mistakes when i get to work anyway but this is good means i can still buy makeup yay!! and not worry its being wasted
greengrin.gif

Nessy xx

Latest posts