Expensive dinner coming up...help a girl out!

Triskele

Okay, so. My boyfriend will be turning 21 in a few weeks (I'm such a cradle robber...3 years younger than me!) and I've made reservations for the best (and most expensive...think $95 per person JUST FOR DINNER, not including the copious amounts of sake we're sure to be drinking) japanese restaurant in the area. Huge deal, right? Except for one thing....

How the heck do I do my makeup for a place like this?

It's gotta be ULTRA classy and somewhat conservative-a crazy look may get us bad service, or worse!-so if y'all have any ideas, I'd be super appreciative! (I'm willing to go out and buy new colors if necessary, as my collection is on the small side at the moment)

TIA!

Hawkeye

When going somewhere really expensive and classy the best thing to do is stick to the classics.

I'd go with a simple catseye (black), nude eye mascara

depending on your outfit- pink/peach/mauve blush and cordinating longwearing lipstick.

Simpler the better in cases like these!

saniyairshad

Do neutrals but make sure u use the right colors to make ur eyes pop, go with subtle cheeks and subtle lips too.

faifai

What are you wearing? You could do a subtle smoky eye/nude lip to match a sexy, classy little black dress, or a neutral eye and red lip to go with a light, flowy dress, or softy shimmering, glowing neutrals and glossy peachy lips to go with...anything!

If that is you in your icon, I'd do a version of that same look if you're going the neutrals route, just a tad stronger to show up in a dark restaurant. Shimmery, lightly contoured cheeks (bronzer + highlighter), sparkling lips, etc. You look like you already have really nice skin though, so I'd use as little foundation as possible to look soft and fresh. Oh, and fake lashes! Individual ones look more subtle, a strip of longer ones makes your eyes are a little more dramatic, but either will look SO different and flirty. Just don't get any of the "I can see your lashes from 30 feet away" drag queen type.
greengrin.gif

*Luna*

I'd stick to neutral eyes and flawless skin. Something very Rita Hayworth or maybe something Marilyn-esque. Not over the top by any means but class, sophisticated, and above all CLASSIC!

Triskele

I'm going to be wearing a new sundress (pink and white...I can't help it, I love me some pink!) and yes, that's me! Thanks for all the recs, ladies, I'm gonna try out some looks tonight and see how it goes.

(Should I post results here, or in the FOTD forum? I'm so confused...
hmm.gif
)

Hawkeye

FOTD forum with what you used- or if you just want to post pics you would post pics without telling us what you used you'd post in the say cheese forum.
smiles.gif