• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Eye Candy

Celly

51chNds1zmL._SS500_.jpg

I purchased this book at the IMATS last Saturday. If you are a Eyeshadow Whore like myself you will love this book. It has 55 different eye makeup looks. It was 14.99 but I am pretty sure you can get it on Amazon for a little cheaper. I think its awesome!
thmbup.gif

bnbs2x

omg... linda mason is my friggin idol, was she there? i couldnt get to the relase party for the book
ssad.gif
i want it!!!

NauteeJo

i have this book as well, i had to import it from america (im in australia) but i really wasnt very impressed with it...... i absolutely love eye shadow but i didnt find it very creative i guess

malaviKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NauteeJo
i have this book as well, i had to import it from america (im in australia) but i really wasnt very impressed with it...... i absolutely love eye shadow but i didnt find it very creative i guess

Sadly... I have to agree with you. I was really excited when I first heard about this book. (It's actually on hold for me at the library...so I'll get it eventually.) :p But I couldn't wait so I trekked down to my local Chapters to see what everyone was raving about. I think the techniques are described quite well, but most of the looks aren't particularly inventive. I guess I was hoping for more info on some more outlandish looking eyes.

...I ended up being much more fascinated by 'The Beauty of Color' by Iman.

ballerino

i have to say im not a big linda mason fan..
I think she is wonderful in the way she glorifies colour, though to me most of it is unwearable, and frankly, a little unblended?!
Though she is very artsy in her application, its like she painting?
She is successful however so who am I to knock her!!!
smiles.gif

nwperson

arggg, sounds wonderfull, but i wouldn't spend money on a makeup book... would rather buy some more makeup!! heheh!

User49

I'm thinking about buying this from ebay but I have heard so many mixed reviews. Is it worth it? Could any1 post some of the pictures from the book so I can get a rough idea of what it is all like? Considering I am a bit of an experimenter with make up I don't know if this will be impressive to me. For someone new to make up it might seem really interesting, but for someone who works with it every day and has seen some really amazing make up art would it be a little bit dissappointing? Can anyone do a poll of it? xx thanks!

Latest posts