Eye Kohl

darklocke

I've got a Fascinating Eye Kohl in my hands, with the batch code AC7 (first run, December 2007). It's made in Italy, and it's marked with a weight of "1.36g or 0.048 US OZ". This differs from what MAC states on their website that claims that the eye kohls are 1.45g and 0.05 oz. Did MAC change this between late 2007 - early 2008 and now?

Makeup Emporium

Hi, I am looking at 4 different eye kohls and they all have 1.36g/.048 US OZ on them. The colours are Minted, Prunella, Smolder & Phone Number. The batch dates are 2007 for 3 of them and the 4th (Phone Number) is from April 2008.

The Eye Pencil that I have is 1.45g/.05 US OZ (colour is Ebony).

Hope this helps!

gildedangel

Sometimes different finishes and colors have different weights, for example the Veluxe Pearl e/s are 1.3g whereas a frost is 1.5g.

Candy Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklocke
I've got a Fascinating Eye Kohl in my hands, with the batch code AC7 (first run, December 2007). It's made in Italy, and it's marked with a weight of "1.36g or 0.048 US OZ". This differs from what MAC states on their website that claims that the eye kohls are 1.45g and 0.05 oz. Did MAC change this between late 2007 - early 2008 and now?

I bought my Fascinating Eye Kohl earlier this year, the batch code is A97, (apparently that means that it's the first batch, September 2007?) It has the same weight as yours, it's 1.36g/0.048 US OZ. I have mine from a counter so you shouldn't worry. HTH!

Its so sad that we must get down to batch number....If there werent any fakes out there we'd be fine. we'd shop in peace....peace people! peace. :)

Candy Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Christ
I bought my Fascinating Eye Kohl earlier this year, the batch code is A97, (apparently that means that it's the first batch, September 2007?) It has the same weight as yours, it's 1.36g/0.048 US OZ. I have mine from a counter so you shouldn't worry. HTH!

Correction - I bought this December 08, NOT earlier this year!

darklocke

Thank you so much
smiles.gif