Eye lining tips needed....and a question

tinkerbell

OK..is it true that if you line the top of your eyelid with a darker, heavier line that it will make your eyes appear larger and POP!?? What are some techinques to make this happen...A MA did this to me yesterday (at the MAC counter) and I just thought like it looked like I had too much black eyeliner on the top...thanks for any help!

user4

I know that the MA told me that if I tightlined it, rather than a thick line, it would define my eyes and make them pop... so that kinda goes against the heavier line doing so I dont know which one it is now... Can someone please answer. Thanks

jennie2516

A MA told me that I shouldn't ever wear eyeliner on my top lids bc it will make them look smaller- but then again i think i do makeup way better than her anyway so what does she know lol.....but i do notice on my small eyes that i can never line my waterline or they look soo tiny. so i put i thick line on my bottom lashes and a thin line on top w/ white eyeliner in the inner corners and this really makes them pop. hope this helps!

Whitney Costner

My technique:

When you line the top lid, the line should be it's widest at the very outer corner. And get narrower as it goes to the inner corner. You can even add a slight wing at the outermost point of the line. I always do. Use a very sharp pencil and stay as close to your natural lash line when lining the inner corner and working your way out to the outer corner and the thicker line.

If you have round eyes, as do I, you can really change the way the shape of your eye looks with this method of application. It will look more almond shaped. If your eye is already almond shaped, it will simply accentuate your already desirably shaped eyes.

I'll try to find a picture of what I'm describing...

- Whitney Costner

Whitney Costner

I found this photo on the internet & mine turns out very close to this...

It may be too much for you, though! Not sure...

th_wink3.gif

pe05-122x201.jpg

MAC_addict_77

It really depends on the shape of your eyes. I line mine thin, since they just don't look right with a wide line. I recommend just trying different things out and stick with what YOU like best. Also, if you don't want something too dramatic you can always use a bronze liner or a darker shade of the shadow you are using on you eyes.

scrapbookromance

sometimes, depending on the other colors around my eye, I'll put white eyeliner on the bottom and put black, brown, or gray on my top waterline (if that makes sense). for me it works well with neutral colors most of the time doing this.

Latest posts