Eye Lining

ellienellie

I always wear eye liner, usually almost all the way around my eyes, as I have quite large round brown eyes. I find this closes and defines them the best (that and a smokey look when dressing up).

However, my bottom liner seems to kinda "bung" up (stick almost) on my lower lashes, and I wondered if any of you girls ever experienced this?

Do you prefer using pencils or a shadow and brush liner around the lower lashes? and which products do you use to achieve the look?
And which in your experience has the smoothest results, longest lasting and is easier?

I like a medium fine line. I love a soft smokey look, but I'm not very good at it most days!
tong.gif

Tonee

Using a gel or cream liner gives the smoothest finish, IMO - because you can control the level of intensity when applying it. I like Stila Smudge Pot in Black, MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack and Clinique Creame liner in True Black. I use Smashbox #8 to line the waterline and always get a perfect finish.

If you use a pencil, it is possible that pieces of the kohl liner get stuck on the lashes - it happened to me before and I hated it. Switching over to a gel liner was the best solution for me.

Sanayhs

I'm a huge gel liner lover - I find it easier to control the thickness of the lines and have no problems with it getting clumpy, nor do you have to worry about the occasional piece of pencil breaking off and sticking to you (blech!).

For some looks, though, a shadow with an angle brush is great. It's a very soft look that you can control the intensity of as well as line thickness, and it doesn't make your lashes clumpy. I have really long lashes that make it really annoying to line the lower lash line, by the way, and I get annoyed anytime I try to use some form of pencil liner.

I find that gel liner lasts the longest (or, longest of all, one of MAC's liquidlast liners) and I have no issues with working with it. Plus, if you really want a pencil or shadow to last, you can layer that over the gel liner for extra staying power.

Latest posts