eye makeup for the older gal...

cosMEtix

I need advice on how to make my eyes look good because I have more wrinkles and lines now and can't use pigments and bright metallic shadows...can someone offer me some advice or suggestions..? There's nothing worse than an older lady wearing teenage makeup!! I have dark brown hair, black eyebrows and blue/green eyes, black lashes, fair skin...please someone, help me!!

cosMEtix

the older woman

can someone off tips for eyeshadow application for older eyes? i have some wrinkles and sagging and can't use bright colors or pigments...what other choices do U recommend? please, anything from anyone...

prinzessin784

I think it's great when older women still wear colors but just tone it down a bit. You definitely want to stay away from glittery pigments and tons of black mascara, but matte and satin finish eyeshadows are great!

Same goes for lipstick, stay away from frosts and glittery finishes. A satin finish lipstick is perfect. If you're unsure about your colors, I suggest booking a consultation with an artist to try out new ideas and see what looks best on you. Neutrals are easy to start with to experiment with finishes and application techniques.

Kuuipo

I'm older too! With your coloring you can be working in the camels, the taupes, the ebony colors just above the crease (it really makes hooded eyes and crepeyness recede) and use a cream shade as a under brow highlighter. I use a lot of brown eyeliner-it works even if your hair is black, but it is not as harsh-and I line under my eyes as well and smudge. It detracts from making dark circles appear below the lower orbit. I'm all about playing up good features like high cheek bones, great lips. If you want to make the most of your lips cover the whole lip with liner that matches your lips exactly. This should be smudges down with a brush or finger, and then apply lipstick. This maneuver keep lipstick from gravitating into little lines above and below the lip.
I am giant on on creamy, thicker, almost matte lips. Deep rose nudes, darker peachy nudes really make the most of lips. Don't be afraid to olay, and if you are in a store go at a time when its not too crazy so you won't feel rushed or bullied. Don't believe that there are age rules. If it looks good on you-go for it. There is nothing wrong with having lines around your eyes. Tell people they come from smiling and that you smils a lot (thats what I tell them-along with wisdom-which you also accumulate)

athena123

Ooh cosmetix, I'm rather envious of your dramatic snowwhite coloring, what lovely contrasts you have to play with! Wow, with blue eyes you can get away with great neutrals like grays, browns, creams and most of the earth colors. You can also use colors with a lot more pop! I'm thinking lovely, tasteful blues and greens that'll really enhance the colors of your eyes amidst a cloud of black lashes.

I'm 42, soon to be 43 next month. I have creases at the corner of my eyes that I try to minimize with peptides but will never go away because I don't plan on taking the botox route. I'm PROUD of those creases caused by all the smiles in my life!
yahoo.gif

If your eyelids are getting crepey, be sure to use a really good moisturizer or eye cream and let it absorb before applying eye makeup. Stay away from the overly shimmery, frosty shades because yep, they'll only accentuate the crepiness but don't listen to anyone about "age appropriate" shades, I don't believe in that! BTW, don't think you can only get away with totally matte shades. I use some shades with a satin finish and the slight shimmer is just perfect without going over the top, you know what I mean?

I got this tip from Anastasia, celebrity eyebrow artist; amazingly enough, letting my brows grow in just a little while keeping them well-groomed seems to give the illusion of more youthful eyes. Of course, the growing out stage was a little awkward
graucho.gif
but worth it...

Latest posts