Eye shader brush 03: Is it worth the price?

elektra513

Trying to take advantage of the free shipping going on right now on the Nars website, and I keep putting this brush in my shopping cart and taking it back out...I just keep looking at that $55 price tag. It's more expensive than the powder brush (which is also in my shopping cart).

Any one have this brush? In your opinion, is it worth the price?
(I also saw it on Ebay, but I typically don't buy my brushes from there
nope.gif
)

Thanks!

User38

eek! that's a lot of $ for a commercial brush... I just looked at it and I would agree. I think it does not look like a good shader brush -- it might work well for apps.. but the shape is a bit difficult for shading. Try the MAC 219 for spot shading, and the 224 or 217 for blending. I use these two brushes all the time. You get better value for your $$..
smiles.gif

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
eek! that's a lot of $ for a commercial brush... I just looked at it and I would agree. I think it does not look like a good shader brush -- it might work well for apps.. but the shape is a bit difficult for shading. Try the MAC 219 for spot shading, and the 224 or 217 for blending. I use these two brushes all the time. You get better value for your $$..
smiles.gif

Thanks, I have all the brushes you named already. I have large eyes, so I was looking at larger brushes for an allover wash. Y'all are right, if all I'll use it for is a wash, then I can find one cheaper, and I did! I just got a 227 and a Sephora large e/s brush ($20) silver handle. Same size as the Nars, but fluffier, so I can do more with it.

Thanks y'all!
winkiss.gif

elektra513

Bumping to update this almost a year later...I ended up buying the Nars brush last month, lol!

And yes, it's worth it. It is like having a 252, 239, and 217 all in one. Basically a flimsier 227...And for my large eyes, it's perfect. Lays down, then blends color perfectly in 2 swipes. I also saw someone on YT use it for concealer but haven't tried that yet. The hairs of this brush grab the color differently than the 239, so that's what makes me like it even more.

HTH someone...

gabi03

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektra513
Bumping to update this almost a year later...I ended up buying the Nars brush last month, lol!

And yes, it's worth it. It is like having a 252, 239, and 217 all in one. Basically a flimsier 227...And for my large eyes, it's perfect. Lays down, then blends color perfectly in 2 swipes. I also saw someone on YT use it for concealer but haven't tried that yet. The hairs of this brush grab the color differently than the 239, so that's what makes me like it even more.

HTH someone...

thank you for the update! i've been staring at it for over a year as well, the price tag and my smaller lids put me off. But i'm always looking for a great eye brush.

MACLovin

I LOVE this brush! That's so funny, because someone else i was talking to asked me about it and i said the exact same thing, that it's like a MAC 239, 252, and 217 all rolled into one.. perfect description lol

it's expensive, but worth it in my opinion.

i have a lot of NARS brushes... #3, #4 (angled shader), #7 (flat concealer), #9 (liner) which is amazing, #12 (small dome), and #13 (large dome)

the only one i'm not crazy about is #4.... it borders on useless, but it's ok for the crease i guess.

WhatWouldJoanDo

I have the number 5, #2, and #14 and am in love with them all. My MAC brushes have totally been bumped off the table lol! The #5 brush is the best eyebrow brush ever for shaping and filling in brows naturally.

Latest posts