Eye shadow doesnt like me!!!

christina83

Hey everyone, Hope you've had a good xmas?!
I have a problem with eye shadow. Every eye shadow I've ever used doesn't show up on my eyes, I put it on and it never really looks as if its there!!! People always ask if I wear makeup,and the thing is I spend a while each morning putting it on. Iv tried MAC, Chanel, Lancome well just about everything and I now know its me thats probably not doing it properly.
I've tried putting foundation on my eyelids first and mac eye paints, and I dont know what to do anymore!?
Also I've tried wetting my brushes first,lol.
Maybe I need to buy some more brushes though.
I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions?
Thanks XxX

mena22787

hmm...what kinds of colors have you been using? i have dark eyelids so i use painterly paint pot (it's a light skin color) and then i put whatever color e/s on top of that. to make colors pop even more, some people use colored paint pots over that. so say you want to do a blue e/s look, you could use painterly pp, then something like delft pp, and then the blue e/s...hth!

DaisyPie

Have you tried using sponges instead of brushes? Sponges pick up a lot more colour and I use them for really vibrant looks, then I soften and blend in the lines with a brush.

christina83

Hey everyone, thanks for the replies
I usually use neutral colours,but even really dark browns dont show and look like light browns. And I've seen people using the exact same colours as me on themselves and they seem to get a nice deep effect, while on me they look like a light wash (even with blues and greens). Im fair skinned also, say a NC20-25, which makes it even more confusing.
I use a mac brush 242 and some Ruby and Millie brushes too.
Im really confused anyway :S

p.s I was thinking of using sponges, I might try them tomorrow.
smiles.gif

nunu

I reccomend you try urban decay primer potion. The eyeshadows stick to it and last all day without creasing. Also maybe you are not putting enough eyeshadow on your lids. Or you maybe blend the colour too much.
hth

Kuuipo

Use a creme eyeshadow-one with color-as a base. I'm talking copper,etc....Copper or a goden brown under a neutral will make it pop right out there! I found UDPP made my colors dull and dusty, as did many other bases. I am all about layering.

christina83

hey thanks for all the help everyone, I shall be experimenting and buying some new brushes me thinks,I should have asked for some new ones for xmas, Oh well....

Briar

I also recommend Urban Decay Primer Potion. It has made a huge difference in the stick-toitness of my eyeshadows. Just use it sparingly, a little dab will do ya!