eye shadow transforming potion

nycDiva357

hi all...i luv urban decay...especially primer potion...i'm really tempted to buy the eye shadow transforming potion but really haven't heard any reviews of it.... anyone buy it yet? were u in luv? does it work with pigments? plz plz plz let me know.

MorganHope

Its not amazing. My sister brought it, i tried it out. It was like using water with an eyeliner brush. I would save your money and buy mac mixing medium.

Magic Markers

I read about it on MUA; I thought it looked really cool too.

Apparently, it's just water. And the brush stains really quickly. A lot of people also said it burnt their eyes when they used it.

powderpaint

hi, you can mix your own "mixing medium" one part glycerin to 3 parts water. i was skeptical to try this at first but it actually works!

lcristina

I love this product! A friend bought a few days ago, and I must admit, it is magical.

In order to get the best effect, you really do have to create a paste with your shadow. Swirl, swirl, swirl!

It made UD's Honey look like liquid gold. And it made sure that all of the glitter in Midnight Cowboy Rides Again stayed on my eyelids and not all over my face! The brush does stain easily but it doesn't affect the potion the next time you use it. To be on the safe side, wipe it with a paper towel before sticking it back in the tube.

This will be my next UD purchase.

xoxprincessx0x

I actually purchased this today on a goof because I thought it was UDPP. I got home and realized it was this potion. I'm scared to use it with my MAC shadows because i know they aren't wet/dry and i dont want to ruin them!! It works soo amazingly with pigments though. It makes them look like shimmery mettallic gorgeousness!! lol As for the brush, I wash it after every use. I'm definately going to keep this and after the liquid inside runs out I will refill with water or mixing medium =]~

amelia.jayde

i don't like it. it burns my eyes and the effect is like the same as water. mac's water based mixing medium is a lot better, imo.

Wow...thanks for this info. I bought it and attempted to use it but it didn't pick up enough color for me so I just threw it in the bottom of my bag.

GoldenGirl

They have this at the Cosmetic Market on 37th and Madison in NYC. I never heard of it before, so that's why I did a search here. I don't remember how much it costs but it surely wasn't 18.00 as it is on the UD website.

Nemesis K.

I recently acquired this and I really like it. I haven't used it with my MAC eyeshadows, but it works GREAT with pigments. I am sure it is possible to mix something up myself using a mixing medium, but this is easy and quick. The brush does stain but that doesn't affect the shadow, as others have pointed out. It is really great for getting some of the trickier pigments that don't last as long to stay on really well.

The only thing I would say is that with pigments, it works best with the finer milled pigments. The ones with courser texture, like for example copper sparkle, are REALLY hard to work with as a liner because it gets clumpy when it mixes with the fluid.

I like it because with my pigment collection, I now have another couple dozen more kinds of liquid liner, so to speak.