Eyebrow help!

aleksis210

Sooooo, I've always done my own eyebrows because I've had them butchered a few times before. I do an OKAY job, but I really want a pro to work their magic on them, I want someone that is going to take their sweet time on them. So my question is, does anyone have an eyebrow lady here in south florida they can recommend??

*p.s. I had this vietnamese girl do them one time in my local mall for like $5 because I used to give her free makeovers...and they looked AMAZING, she spent so much time trimming, waxing, and plucking...does anyone out there have a girl like this?!

TIA I really appreciate it!!!!

MACLovin

I'm searching for a good eyebrow person too! I just want them done once by a pro and then I can do my own maintenance and what not..

My 13 year old little sis just got hers done at some random salon and they look great! Poor thing, she went to another salon a few months ago and this girl butchered them... they were totally uneven and one was noticeably shorter than the other. I felt bad for her! But the girl she just went to made them look awesome. I'll find out where she went next time i talk to her.
greengrin.gif

Also.. I just got my new Allure mag in the mail yesterday and it's their big "Best of Beauty" issue. In their directory of the best salons for brows, this is the only one in the south FL area.. (i dont know if you're in dade/broward/palm bch?)

The Brow Shoppe
Laura Di Niro
1700 SW 3rd Ave, Miami
305-666-7770

...but, it's $40. Yikes. I'd have to get a direct recommendation and see some amazing work myself to pay that much. I dunno.. that's pretty crazy. But maybe for a one-time thing like I said, and then just keep the shape up yourself it may be worth it. There has to be a cheaper place that does good work though..

aleksis210

^Thanks for the info! I am in Delray...aww your poor sis, but that's so cute that she's taking care of herself at 13! I think that's when I started getting mine done too! Ya, $40 is a lot (especially since that's without tip
icon_eek.gif
) , but like you said I just want to get them done by a professional to keep them up! p.s. I used to get allure and I hated when they would only list places in miami...it's like florida is a big place, not everyone lives in miami lol,oh and I'll let you know if I find someone and vice versa!

MACLovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksis210
^Thanks for the info! I am in Delray...aww your poor sis, but that's so cute that she's taking care of herself at 13! I think that's when I started getting mine done too! Ya, $40 is a lot (especially since that's without tip
icon_eek.gif
) , but like you said I just want to get them done by a professional to keep them up! p.s. I used to get allure and I hated when they would only list places in miami...it's like florida is a big place, not everyone lives in miami lol,oh and I'll let you know if I find someone and vice versa!

Yeah, I think I created a monster when I took her on her first sephora outing.. LOL! Now she's starting to like her nails and brows done, and she has a regular skin care routine (which is a good thing though.. i have her using decent products), but the only thing I need to school her on is the slight overuse of the black liner lately.. I guess she's just trying to fit in with the other 8th graders who think it looks wonderful
nope.gif
. haha.. i'll have to have a chat with her..

i hate that about allure too, you're right! im a little south of you, in Ft lauderdale/Sunrise area but Miami is still a bit of a drive! I doubt I'd pay that much though, I'm determined to find someone talented and affordable. I'll definitely let you know if I do!
thmbup.gif

aleksis210

^8th grade-9th grade for me was def. a heavy eyeliner phase as well lol, but at least you're teaching her well! I think the MOST I'd want to pay is $25, I looked up a few places and the first thing that came up was the brow shoppe (allure probably just googled 'brows' in south florida and put the first thing in the mag haha) I agree with you though that for $40 I'd want to see someone's brows as proof...I'm so picky with them because I've had my hair jacked up at really nice salons and my brows are even more important, it just *seems* to me that the people that do the best job seem to be the cheapest(?) Wouldn't you be super pissed if you went to a really nice expensive place that ONLY does brows and they weren't even that good...yikes...scary.haha. One more thing, have you or anyone you know had their eyebrows threaded?It looks so painful!