Eyebrow help!

imthebeesknees

This is pretty much my first post (i dont know if this even belongs here):

So I`ve noticed from almost a year of lurking the forum all of you gals really know your stuff (not to mention are all absolutely gorg!)
smiles.gif
This is my favorite makeup forum by far! I`ve always wanted to post, but I just couldn`t really think of anything to say, haha.

Anyways, I`ve recently become obesssed with trying to attain the `perfect`eyebrow. Going from a pencil thin-barely there eyebrow (eek!) to what i have now, I am not quite sure how to make `em better and i know that I definately can!

I trust you ladies over anyone else`s opinion, so I was just wondering if you had any reccomendations for my eyebrows.

Also, my routine conists of:
-concealer around the eyebrow
-eyebrow penciling the eyebrow
-then going in with a dark brown eyeshadow to fill it in

(I have used benefit`s eyebrow shadow but found it to be the same as using eyeshadow)

And here`s some very recent pictures:

<script src='http://img695.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=browss.jpg&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript> </noscript>

<script src='http://img710.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=browz.jpg&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript> </noscript>

<script src='http://img88.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=picture0006h.jpg&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript> </noscript>

Thanks ladies! xo

hhunt2

I love your brows shown in the pics!

I've always believed that gals who are heavly tatted (which I think is beautiful), can get away with more of the "drawn on brows" and or bold makeup. My cousin is heavly tatted and she has the Betty Boop makeup style (brows, lips, lashes and all), and it's stunningly eye catching.

And your brow routine sounds good. Do you still have eyebrow hair?? Sometimes applying wax, then a brow pencil or brow powder/eyeshadow, then cleaning it up (around the brow and blending with a spoolie) is really simple and quick. I usually spend less than 2 mins with brows.

imthebeesknees

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhunt2
I love your brows shown in the pics!

I've always believed that gals who are heavly tatted (which I think is beautiful), can get away with more of the "drawn on brows" and or bold makeup. My cousin is heavly tatted and she has the Betty Boop makeup style (brows, lips, lashes and all), and it's stunning eye catching.

And your brow routine sounds good. Do you still have eyebrow hair?? Sometimes applying wax, then a brow pencil or brow powder/eyeshadow, then cleaning it up (around the brow and blending with a spoolie) is really simple and quick. I usually spend less than 2 mins with brows.

Thanks! I love the bold brow a lot! Im happy that it suits me.

And yes, I do have eyebrow hair left, so i am going to try the wax tomorrow morning!
greengrin.gif

Thanks for the tip! xo

Sojourner

I like the look of them from the pictures! I've had a huge brow evolution too over the years
tong.gif
You could add brow gel to your routine, I love brow gel, makes the final result look less powdery and more natural...not that yours look unnatural, just a suggestion
smiles.gif

imthebeesknees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner
I like the look of them from the pictures! I've had a huge brow evolution too over the years
tong.gif
You could add brow gel to your routine, I love brow gel, makes the final result look less powdery and more natural...not that yours look unnatural, just a suggestion
smiles.gif

Thanks! I would loove to try it!! Would I put the gel on first thing?? or after?

kaliraksha

I don't have any recommendations... just wanted to comment that you have beautiful brows. Good luck on your quest to perfection!

thelilprincess

i love your full brows! gorgeous.

i've tried benefit, MAC e/s, and anastasia products - and i have to say, i really like anastasia. probably b/c the anastasia girl who first waxed my brows for me 2-3 years ago pointed out that i had overplucked the center (yeah, i was poor during grad school so i resorted to plucking myself) - so i went home after that and photoshopped some brows to the center, and it looked sooooooo much better. so i grew out my brows and o back every now and then to get them waxed at anastasia. i tried to be cheap and go with stuff like clear mascara, but the products at anastasia seems to work better. i still am fine with either anastasia brow powder, but i know my dark brown eyeshadows work in a pinch. but the clear brow gel is a must. i use this after applying powder to my brows.

imthebeesknees

I`ve seen Anastasia products at Sephora and I`ve always wondered if they were any good. So I`ll have to try the powders for sure!!
smiles.gif

Sojourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthebeesknees
Thanks! I would loove to try it!! Would I put the gel on first thing?? or after?

I apply MAC Brow set in Mink (this is tinted gel - best for dark brunettes) after pencil/powder right at the end to finish...you can use clear gel too, apparently a lot of people like Maybelline's Great Lash Clear mascara so maybe check that out?

rwbey

Not sure you need help - you have gorgeous brows the way you do them! But I've found that a good stencil is SO key! My favorite products I've found have been Anastasia's Brow Wiz and Powder Duo, and BeneFit Brow Zings as well as their Instant Brow Pencil (which I think has been recently reformulated). This product usually doesn't get great reviews but I SWEAR by it! Also, one of my HG items is NARS' brow pencils - Ipanema would look great on you.

imthebeesknees

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwbey
Not sure you need help - you have gorgeous brows the way you do them! But I've found that a good stencil is SO key! My favorite products I've found have been Anastasia's Brow Wiz and Powder Duo, and BeneFit Brow Zings as well as their Instant Brow Pencil (which I think has been recently reformulated). This product usually doesn't get great reviews but I SWEAR by it! Also, one of my HG items is NARS' brow pencils - Ipanema would look great on you.

Mmm I have seen the stencils before! I`m def. going to try em out, i just havent heard any feedback about them!!
greengrin.gif

GLAMORandGORE

ive used anastasia before and personally didn't like it too much. your eyebrows in the first picture look ABSOLUTELY PERFECT so idk why you're looking to change them (im super jealous) but, if anything, maybe you should go a taaaaaaaaad darker, but just barely to match your hairline more. maybe if you post pictures of your idea of a perfect eyebrow we could help you more?

imthebeesknees

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLAMORandGORE
ive used anastasia before and personally didn't like it too much. your eyebrows in the first picture look ABSOLUTELY PERFECT so idk why you're looking to change them (im super jealous) but, if anything, maybe you should go a taaaaaaaaad darker, but just barely to match your hairline more. maybe if you post pictures of your idea of a perfect eyebrow we could help you more?

I will look for a good picture on the net, its hard though because i don`t like them to look `too`drawn on and black, but at the same time i like them to be dramatic and thick...
smiles.gif

rosegasm

you have awesome full brows =)

the way my eyebrows grow in, i only have half an eyebrow... i have to draw the tail in everyday =(