Eyebrow pencil help

shatteredshards

Naturally, I am dishwater blonde, however, I've been dying my hair a darker red for 2 1/2-3 years now, and I could use some help with finding a brow pencil to match.

My eyebrows are fairly light, and even filling them in with a light-colored pencil makes a big difference, but then it also becomes more obvious that they don't match my haircolor.

I would like to find a light or medium brown pencil with red tones to it, something that might compliment my haircolor nicely, but not look scary fake on my face. I have checked Strut on the MAC site, and if that product swatch is accurate, I'm sure it will look like I drew on my face with lipstick.

Drugstore, high-end or online, I will take any recs, but if they have petroleum ingredients (petroleum, petrolatum, mineral oil, paraffin, etc) they are a no-go because I am allergic.
ssad.gif

Please excuse the scary roots - the picture's from March!

TISH1124

It may be easier to use a shadow to fill your brows in...that way you can have a good amount of color choices maybe mystery e/s not sure

friedargh

Hey shatteredshards,
Have you ever throught about dying your eyebrows as well to match your hair? (or at least dying them a medium brown colour). I know a few people who dye their eyebrows to match their hair colour. This may work out better for you if you don't like the hassle of filling in your brows every morning.

I also agree with tish and recommend that you try using eyeshadows because the colour choices will be very diverse!

Almond_Eyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
It may be easier to use a shadow to fill your brows in...that way you can have a good amount of color choices maybe mystery e/s not sure

Yeah, that's what I do since a pencil line usually looks too harsh, I can control how dark I want my brows with the shadow.

From your picture, I'd suggest Embark? It's a reddish brown, I think it's on the medium-darker side.

<3

shatteredshards

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124

I hadn't thought about that. How is the staying power for shadows used this way? Does a shadow primer or sealant/fixitive make a difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedargh
Hey shatteredshards,
Have you ever throught about dying your eyebrows as well to match your hair? (or at least dying them a medium brown colour). I know a few people who dye their eyebrows to match their hair colour. This may work out better for you if you don't like the hassle of filling in your brows every morning.

I did consider that, actually, but I'm not sure how to go about doing it. I color my hair myself, and haircolors usually say "not to be used on facial hair," so would I need to use some sort of special dye? Would I have to get it done at a salon? How long does it generally last, how quickly does it fade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almond_Eyed
Yeah, that's what I do since a pencil line usually looks too harsh, I can control how dark I want my brows with the shadow.

From your picture, I'd suggest Embark? It's a reddish brown, I think it's on the medium-darker side.

I will look into that.

Thank you, ladies!

ForgetRegret

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatteredshards
I did consider that, actually, but I'm not sure how to go about doing it. I color my hair myself, and haircolors usually say "not to be used on facial hair," so would I need to use some sort of special dye? Would I have to get it done at a salon? How long does it generally last, how quickly does it fade?

I used to dye my hair a color very similar to yours...occasionally I'd dye my brows too, what I did was put a little color on a q-tip and gently color my brows with it. When it was time to rinse, I used a damp (you DON'T want it dripping wet, or you run the risk of getting dye in your eyes) cloth to wipe everything off.

As for using a shadow, that's what I use, and I always used Corduroy (which is a reddish brown) when my hair was a lighter red. It lasts as long as you need it to, just put some clear brow set over top of it, and you'll be good to go.
smiles.gif
HTH!

PS Shadows generally look less harsh than pencils...