Eyebrow pencil + smudge proof mascara?

babyleese

Any recs for a good eyebrow pencil? I've heard raves about Shu Uemura...any others?

I'm also looking for a smudge proof mascara. I'm currently using Maybelline's Full 'N Soft, which I normally *love* because I like the brush and it doesn't make my lashes hard, but lately I'm noticing it smudging as the day goes on. I thought it might be a bad tube, but I even bought a new one, but it still smudges. This has never happened before...and I've been through tubes of this stuff!

Any recs would be greatly appreciated
smiles.gif

gigiopolis

If you have a serious problem with smudging mascara, I would recommend looking into some Japanese mascaras. They're usually SUPER waterproof, sweatproof, oily-hotmess-proof. Currently I use SANA Extra Large Mascara, it's in a black tube with red hearts on it. That shit will NOT come off except with an oil-based makeup remover. So if you're hardcore like that, use this.

However, it seems like you don't really encounter much problems with excessive smudging (and this is even with just a normal, nonwaterproof mascara), so maybe switch it up with a waterproof version.

As for eyebrow pencil, I've heard great things about the MAC brow pencils, but Tiffany (TDoll) has mentioned before that the Maybelline brow pencils are great dupes of the MAC ones. And they're cheap!

Maybelline New York Products: Define-A-Brow(TM) Eyebrow Pencil

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigiopolis
As for eyebrow pencil, I've heard great things about the MAC brow pencils, but Tiffany (TDoll) has mentioned before that the Maybelline brow pencils are great dupes of the MAC ones. And they're cheap!

Maybelline New York Products: Define-A-Brow(TM) Eyebrow Pencil

2nd this. I've been meaning to try it, but I always forget to pick it up while I'm out.

Also, you might just want to try a different mascara.
I've found plenty of non-WP mascaras that haven't smudged on me, so it's really trial and error.
I personally don't like WP mascaras, as they're harder to remove and tend to leave my lashes dry and brittle. I've also noticed that I seem to lose more lashes when I wear WP.
You might want to try one of those tube mascaras like TF Lash Injection.

babyleese

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Actually, I should have mentioned this before, the mascara I use is the waterproof version. I've only used waterproof mascaras 'cause original versions tend to smudge on me (not to mention they don't hold a curl as well as waterproof mascaras do!).

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyleese
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Actually, I should have mentioned this before, the mascara I use is the waterproof version. I've only used waterproof mascaras 'cause original versions tend to smudge on me (not to mention they don't hold a curl as well as waterproof mascaras do!).

You know, the WP FnS smudged on me while the regular didn't.
I thought that was so weird!
I bought it because my cousin used it and loved it, but the WP version just did not work for me.

gigiopolis

Hmm, have you noticed your skin getting more oily, especially around your eyelids? Have you been using a different type of concealer or eye cream? Those factors could contribute to the smudging.