Eyebrow Tattooing

Miss Marcy

Has anybody had this done? What was your experience and could you possibly post a pic of the quality. I am considering this procedure but i am a bit nervous. Not about the pain (i have been tattooed before) but about the results. i am afraid the lines will look TOO unnatural like when girls use thick black eyeliner for their brows (yikes).
any help is mucho appreciated. :loveya:

Isis

I've never had it done, but I do know people who have, it can look very natural. Infact, I didn't even know theirs were done until they told me. I think the only thing I had to add to that is the brows deffinitelly wont look their best right after its done, infact they'll seem over done, but that goes away with the healing process. Since you've been under the needle before I'm sure your well aware of the healing process that goes along with it. HTH a bit
smiles.gif

succubus

I would like to get it done, but it's costly and I don't have that kind of money right now. Most places do a consultation first and you can discuss with them how you want your eyebrows done. I don't like the solid, drawn on look because then it's obvious that the eyebrows are fake. Most artists will do little pencil stokes that mimic hair and just fill in where your eyebrows are sparse, so that it looks completely natural. And whatever you do, do NOT go to a tattoo shop to get any kind of cosmetic tattooing done because real cosmetic tattooing is not done with tattoo ink.

Kristen

I know a few people that have had them done. Get the tattooing done to fill in sparse patches... NOT to form eyebrows. If you don't have hair to begin with.. it can look like someone's been over your face with a crayon.

Miss Marcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen
I know a few people that have had them done. Get the tattooing done to fill in sparse patches... NOT to form eyebrows. If you don't have hair to begin with.. it can look like someone's been over your face with a crayon.

i do HAVE eyebrows, theyre just naturally really light and i am SO sick of pencilling them in

Miss Marcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerisier
I've seen a few women with it done, and it looks like the ink turns gray after awhile :confused:

that happens with any tattoo...even regular ones. after time they fade and you need to get them touched up so i expected that. TY for the heads up though!

Isis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerisier
I've seen a few women with it done, and it looks like the ink turns gray after awhile :confused:

Yeah, you have to get them touched up every so often. It's just how the skin behaves around the eye area.

Dreamergirl3

My grandmother had her eyebrows tattoed. She had lost all her eyebrows due to over plucking and overall thinning, and she had to fully pencil them in everyday anyway so she decided to get them permanently done. They look really nice on her, she fooled me! But she does complain about them starting to turn grey, but she seems to love them anyway. HTH!

Miss Marcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungrychild
if you don't like how light your eyebrows are, why don't you just get them dyed?

it's not that they are a light color...they are just naturally very sparse.

thatnks for the help guys
smiles.gif

jess98765

my mum's got her eye lined in tatoo...it's kinda greeny now...ewhh!! Please don't do your eye brow- it's much easier and less painful just using a pencil or dying your brows

aznsmurfy

hehe i wonder if this is a dead post, but i got my eyebrows tattooed when i was 15. . .idiot skincare lady. ..i think that's illegal, but anyways, it's not such a hot idea. :T i got the outer half tattooed and a line kind of deal across the top to give my eyebrows some shape. they have since faded quite a bit and look like scars. *COUGH* i had some guy (a friend) ask me how i got the scars, eh sounds better than "bad tattoo job" so i let it slide hehe not worth it imo, and i have yet to see a tattooed eyebrow that i like. seen plenty of bad ones tho :p hth!
smiles.gif

colormust

I got mine done like 5 years ago. they still look the same as the first day i got them done. it is one of the best things i have done. to start with i only had a half of my brows. i worked with animals and as you can imagine they like to wipe them off : P
so i finally got them tatted and i love them.
if u are going to get them done i would say just do a lot of research and pick a really good person to do them

kimmy

i want to get mine done in the shape of marilyn monroe's...i've tried to grow them in, but they're just so thin and light and there's no way in hell i'll ever get that shape on my own.

i've never actually seen tattooed eyebrows though...or maybe i have and they just look really good haha.

my only problem is, how do you know where's a good place to get them done?

hungrychild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Marcy
it's not that they are a light color...they are just naturally very sparse.

thatnks for the help guys
smiles.gif

ah, okay, I see. I was under the wrong impression haha.

I've seen some really good tattooed eyebrows -- and some really bad ones. you should probably try to research at the specific places you would want to get tattooed at.

Summer Co

i have my eyesbrow embroidery. and it is kind like tattoo but it is not as hard looking as how tattoo did. usually the salon will do it for you twice..first time and then after a month you goes back and they will touch up the place that color is not even.

it is very light and very natural and you can choose how dark you want to go with. and it will lighten by time. i have mine last me like two years and the color slightly lighten. it might cause i don't really go for very dark color, i have mine kind like very light brown.

again. i don't really have much eyebrow. of course i did have some but very very very less and in very bad shape..i have the beginner and then with no end...look like i have half eyebrow and that is how bad it is.

maybe you can try to search on eyebrow embroidery. i really think it is very natural. but make sure you find a experience salon to do it for you.
i wish it help!

Pimptress

One of my co-workers needs this done, I think. She either shaves her eyebrows off or grows none at all (because I've seen pictures of her WITH her natural eyebrows and they are beautiful) but she pencils them in every day. She tries to make them look natural but they really don't... and if something bumps her, she's all the sudden missing half her eyebrow o_O

Eyes in general are so strange. They look really goofy when they are obviously fake eyebrows, or really bad colored contacts... it makes it really hard to look someone in the eyes