eyebrow threading

poddygirl

Anyone ever had this done? I always get my brows waxed but am going to try this next week ... heard it is less painful and more accurate. That being said I don't find waxing/tweezing particularly painful anyway. Thanks for any advice!

mango88

Hi Poddygirl,

Yeah I've had it done recently, I prefer it to waxing...less painful and hairs dont grow back as quick. However, i wouldnt recommend having threading on your upper lip..its so painful!! good luck!

Isis

I love having this done over than waxing (pain isn't an issue with me though). A girl in my class, from India, did it and the results were amazing. I love how she created the shape. Deff. try it out!

mspixieears

I'd love to try it, have heard some great things, but it's not available anywhere where I live, not easily so.

jeanna

i swear by threading... i'm addicted
greengrin.gif

i used to get my brows waxed, but i was told that over time the delicate skin on your eyes could loose their elasticity due to the pulling/tugging caused by waxing, and you could end up with prematurely sagging eyelids. i didn't want to take the chance, so i switched to threading and i'm really happy with the results.

if you find a good threader who knows what they're doing, you should be able to achieve the same clean results as you did with waxing. the hair does grow back sooner than waxing though - i get mine done every 2 weeks, whereas when i waxed i could go 3 to 4 weeks.

stacey

i want to try it.

mango, hows your tolerence for pain? you said for your upper lip it isn't the best thing because of the pain.

user3

I have seen some great results from threading. I myself don't trust anyone but me to do my brows so until I learn how it's no go for me.

I hear it's not that painful.

poddygirl

Well, I had my threading this morning at the Blink bar at Selfridges (Oxford St) and it was amazing!! So quick and virtually painless. The best bit is how precise and clean a line it gives, much much better than waxing. Am interested to see how long it lasts on me as the beautician said it would last longer than waxing did but others here have said the opposite.

I'm a convert now
th_worship.gif

Beautiful1

Threading Is A God Send I Don't Wax My Eyebrows Anymore. Congratulations PoddyGirl You Made An Excellent Choice
th_shake2.gif

zoinksta

i LOVE threading! It's so fast and the results are amazing. And you really can't beat the price for 5 bucks!

aziajs

I prefer threading to waxing. It seemed cleaner and I was happier with the result. I will say that it hurt like hell. But I am sensitive around my eyes. I got my brows waxed a couple months ago and my eyes started watering uncontrollably.

REYNALD0C

Threading is an old technique from India, where they get a long string of thread and use it to shape and clean your eyebrows =)

I love threading, I love the way it feels its like a little massage, haha.

jmdulock

Quote:
Originally Posted by REYNALD0C
Threading is an old technique from India, where they get a long string of thread and use it to shape and clean your eyebrows =)

I love threading, I love the way it feels its like a little massage, haha.

I see, thanks!

CrouchingAfroHiddenPick

I had it done last year and I will say that it's quicker, but I found it more painful than waxing! With waxing, I don't even flinch, but I had a tear or two rolling down my eye when I had them threaded!

kaliraksha

I think it iritates more beacuse there are small hairs falling over your eyes constantly... but it's soooo smooth and allows for better shaping control. I adore threading... wish I could find a place in Austin.

My pain threshold is pretty high though.... but it still does not hurt as much as waxing for me. Although waxing is a little faster.

User34

I get mine threaded. The shape of my eyebrows are so much nicer. It doesn't hurt too much but Upper lip is alot more painful getting threaded.

user3

Curious how do they do the threading w/thread?

What is involved...needles...tweezers?

I am so new to this. I've seen people post pics but they've never explained how it is done.

Latest posts