Eyebrows from hell....help!

minni4bebe

Forgive me if this has been posted before. This is my dilemma. I had a point in life where I overtweezed my brows. So much so, that they got to the point where only the first half grows back. Because of this, I have to pencil (pretty much draw, lol) in my brows everyday. I am beyond sick of doing it. If I go in a pool, you might as well kiss them goodbye. If I rub my face by mistake, I look sick or something. So I thought of tattoo but I don't want to take the chance. Here is the question, does anyone know of anything that I can use to make them grow back? I don't care if they ever get back to the original shape as long as I can relax on the pencil. Thanks!!!

coquetayloca

I have heard of people using Rogaine(sp?). I haven't tried it, but I've been wanting to. I have some bald spots.

minni4bebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by coquetayloca
I have heard of people using Rogaine(sp?). I haven't tried it, but I've been wanting to. I have some bald spots.

Ive heard that too but want to make sure it works before I go buy it lol. Thanks!

TISH1124

I used this serum....let me go find it and my grew back fast and thick....Anastasia makes one but mine was by another brand....brb

jaclynashley

If you take Biotin it may help your eyebrows.
My grandma took it and got longer and thicker hair,brows,and lashes.
smiles.gif

I'm thinking about trying it but my hair is so thick I don't want to risk it.
Also have you tried shaving the area where you want hair to grow with eyebrow shavers?
I would only do it if there's absolutely no hair where you shaving,that's how I got my brows to grow back after getting them waxed so thin once.

minni4bebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaclynashley
If you take Biotin it may help your eyebrows.
My grandma took it and got longer and thicker hair,brows,and lashes.
smiles.gif

I'm thinking about trying it but my hair is so thick I don't want to risk it.
Also have you tried shaving the area where you want hair to grow with eyebrow shavers?
I would only do it if there's absolutely no hair where you shaving,that's how I got my brows to grow back after getting them waxed so thin once.

Thanks! I used to use an eyebrow shaver when I was younger and I think it may have contributed to my current condition lol. It would also make my skin in the area look odd. My aunt used biotin as well but I have super thick hair and dont need any more on my head lol.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by minni4bebe
Omg really? how long did you use it for?

I used it for 2 weeks before I started to see results then in about a month I could really tell...But I also did not use it like I should have I think you are to apply it 2X a day maybe...I was 1X a day...and missed quite a few in between.....I am not consistent about keeping with a schedule

thewinglessbird

Gentle, regular exfoliation will stimulate new growth. How long ago did this happen to you? I overplucked my eyebrows once & I thought they had gone for good. It had gotten to the point where I started thinking about looking into products that would help them to grow back - but I left it a little longer & they just grew back alone!

I'd keep patient; there is hope. I also hear that massaging olive oil into the infected area helps.

KatRosier

I know you don't really want to hear about "tattoos" but I just wanted to reassure you just in case they don't grow back. I got mine done in december and Im very very happy. It's not permenant because the color isn't injected deep into the skin so I'd have to get it retouched every 2-5 years depending on how fast it fades. The lady that did mine is great. She spent 45 minutes on getting the shape just right , she then spent another 20 min on the colors. We settled for something darker than I'd normally wear but which matches my hair better. I can still "lighten" it by going over it with pencil. She used 3 colors . A light brown to outline, a medium brown to fill in and a dark brown to draw the hair strokes on the bald outer 1/3rds which gives a 3rd effect kinda thing. Anyway all this to say ..don't be scared! If you find a qualified professional that understands what you want to do then go for it. It has literally changed my life. I'm not glued to my mirror anymore to make sure my brows are still in place.

urbanD0LL

i was just about to make a post like that too ! for some reason the end of my eyebrows stopped growing , i've been growing them out for 2 months now and the rest is pretty much feel(and in need of threading ASAP) but the ends, i dont know whats going on with them . i heard that biotin causes breakouts though but it really does work , but if you do get breakouts you have to take something else , like vitamin b , b-6 or something , im not too sure which ones .

minni4bebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinglessbird
Gentle, regular exfoliation will stimulate new growth. How long ago did this happen to you? I overplucked my eyebrows once & I thought they had gone for good. It had gotten to the point where I started thinking about looking into products that would help them to grow back - but I left it a little longer & they just grew back alone!

I'd keep patient; there is hope. I also hear that massaging olive oil into the infected area helps.

Its been years lol. Thanks ladies for all the tips. I'm going to try the suggested products and try to figure out what works best! Thanks!

Latest posts