Eyebrows?

REYNALD0C

Ok, in a week or so, im dyeing my hair drastically. My hair is naturally dark DARK black, and im bleaching it blonde, then dyeing the top part of my hair brown. So, what should I do about my eyebrows? Should I leave it dark black? with brown and blonde hair? Or should I dye it brown to match? If I do I would have to bleach it blonde then dye it brown, will my brows fall off (knock on wood)? OR Is there some kind of brow stuff that would turn my black brows, brown? Help me pleaaaase! I dont want to walk around looking dumber than I already look.
th_confused_new.gif

hyperRealGurl

U can get "brow/lash Tint.. Dont put Products around ur eyes thats not Eye Safe. Also there are Colour Kits for ur lashes and brows too. But it u want to lighten the brows, i would either go to a salon and get it done by a professional, Or buy the "Brow/lash" Tint kit.
smiles.gif

so_siqqq

When you go to the salon they should be able to lighten your eyebrows. They put a mixture containing powdered bleach on the brows for a few minutes and wash the bleach off. The brows then become a few shades lighter. But don't match them to your hair. Since you're going lighter, darker brows will look better but not black brows becuase the contrast will be too much. So by bleaching them it'll tone down the color a bit.

MacVirgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by so_siqqq
When you go to the salon they should be able to lighten your eyebrows. They put a mixture containing powdered bleach on the brows for a few minutes and wash the bleach off. The brows then become a few shades lighter. But don't match them to your hair. Since you're going lighter, darker brows will look better but not black brows becuase the contrast will be too much. So by bleaching them it'll tone down the color a bit.

I agree
smiles.gif

Dreamergirl3

My personal experience: either get it professionally done or buy a special brow tinting kit (like hyperRealgurl suggested). I dyed my hair about two shades lighter (from dark espresso brown to light brown), and my brows were drastically darker...so what did stupid me do? I had some dye for when I was going to lighten my friends hair...and used that on my brows. They turned out to be zebra striped, but with orange instead of white. So I bleached them again with at-home hair dye, and they were bright orange. Then, I bought another hair dye in a dark color and finally they ended up how I wanted them. Alas, that made my brows very brittle, but they didn't fall out. So from my embarassing experience, PLEASE don't do what I did! Hahaha...I laugh now but then I was near tears. HTH!!!

wildesigns

Quote:
Originally Posted by REYNALD0C
Ok, in a week or so, im dyeing my hair drastically. My hair is naturally dark DARK black, and im bleaching it blonde, then dyeing the top part of my hair brown. ??:

I just have to chime in and say that I hope I read wrong you're not doing the whole thing blond then going back and doing the top brown? Just mask off the top and then lift it up enough levels for the shade of brown you're going to use. There's no sense in trashing out that part, too and the color will only fade like mad off of there after you bleach unless you properly fill, etc. This way, your color will last nicely
smiles.gif

kimmy

if you're afraid to dye your brows because you might damage them, pick up Sophisticated brow set from MAC. it's a blondish colour, so when you use if on black brows it will lighten them just enough i think to match what your hair's going to be like
smiles.gif