Eyelash curler

nursee81

I have a very hard time keeping my eyelashes curly, even with curling mascara. My eyelash curler is about to break I feel it the last couple of times I used it. What eyelash curler do you guys recommend me getting?

Kiss and Makeup

Mine is a Merle Norman, and I really like it. Sephora has a heated one, and I would think that the heating element *might* help stubborn eyelashes. I'm going to get it myself, I just haven't had time lately to run by there.

MACLovin

I have one from sephora, its not the heated kind but I like it..

I don't use it very often though, because my lashes really don't need it, they curl on their own.
smiles.gif

I've also heard that Shu Uemura (sp?) makes a really good one too.

kittykit

I've long but dead straight lashes. I've been using Shu Uemura for years now. It makes my lashes curl naturally
smiles.gif

blindpassion

I didnt think there was a difference in Lash Curlers... until I tried the MAC one.

I have long and thick lashes and it curls those babies so well. It stands them straight up ontop of my eye if I curl them enough times(not that its a look we're going for I don think :p )

But anyways, Im sure most of the professional makeup curlers are good. Drug store ones did nothing for my lashes.

gigiopolis

If you must splurge on an eyelash curler, make it the Shu Uemura or the Shiseido. I give you two options because they're both stellar in curling power and shape, but either one could fit your own eyeshape better and I have no way to know which would work for you.

I also recommend using a waterproof formula for mascara; I find it holds a curl for longer. Go for a formula that isn't glossy, that can "weigh down" your lashes.

kariii

I use a revlon one.. I just heat it up with a lighter, let it sit for 10 seconds, spray some hair spray on it.. and oh mannn.. I should before and after of eyelashes.

lonetcrystal

Curling lashes gives eyes the appearance of being wider and brighter. Pinch open the curlers and close them over your lashes, as close to the roots as possible, hold for approximately ten seconds. If you find that it is difficult to look in the mirror when curling your lashes, look downward slightly and try again.The curl should gently sweep up.
----------
Lonetcrystal

Guaranteed ROI

xiahe

Mine is a cheapy one from E.L.F. - it was only $1 and it works GREAT. Also the Revlon ones/ones you can buy at drug stores (that are like $4-$5) work great, too - I think it's pointless to spend $19 on an eyelash curler, but that's just me.
2cents.gif

nursee81

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiahe
Mine is a cheapy one from E. L. F. - it was only $1 and it works GREAT. Also the Revlon ones/ones you can buy at drug stores (that are like $4-$5) work great, too - I think it's pointless to spend $19 on an eyelash curler, but that's just me.2cents:

I have tried the revlon one and it did nothing for me. My lashes and hair is so straight they wont curl for anything. I will be ordering come quads from ELF soon I give theirs a try, Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
I didn't think there was a difference in Lash Curlers... until I tried the MAC one.

I have long and thick lashes and it curls those babies so well. It stands them straight up on top of my eye if I curl them enough times(not that it's a look we're going for I don think :p )

But anyways, Im sure Most of the professional makeup curlers are good. Drug store ones did nothing for my lashes.

I will probably pick one next time I am MAC. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittykit
I've long but dead straight lashes. I've been using Shu Uemura for years now. It makes my lashes curl naturally
smiles.gif

Thats exactly my problem

sweetangelkiss

Ok, I have a Shu curler and yeah it's good but I want to suggest have you ever thought of getting your eyelashes curled or permed? I went and got it done and it was awesome! I didn't have to curl my lashes for 6 weeks straight and I didn't have the annoying "omg, I've spent 5 minutes curling my lashes and now they're stick straight". Plus, the curl was perfect. Even without mascara it looked good. Just a suggestion.

sweetangelkiss

Another thing I'd like to add that when I did get my lashes curled all of my mascara's from high end to not so high end worked to the way I expected and I was so happy.