Eyelash problems - help!?

ellienellie

I use mascara every day and have been getting a lot of lash loss, which is BAD cos I don't have thick, full lashes to begin with
ssad.gif

Any suggestions on something that may help??

Thaaaanks!!!
smiles.gif

prettybaby

I dont know anything that will help with that, but I do know that just like the hairs on your head, its normal to loose lashes. They actually fall out after a while, so that they can grow back. Its like shedding for a cat? anyways, I know thats not very helpful, but I hope that helps to ease your mind about it!

hooxxknew

i dont have a solution for this. but the reply above mine sounds pretty legit. And maybe you should apply your mascara with more ease, maybe not so thick. I don't know. But I hope this might help. ;D

good luck!

ellienellie

I wondered if there was such a thing as a lash conditioner?

Apparently Urban Decay mascara has it in their formula, I just wondered if there was a separate thing to strengthen them?

k.a.t

Yes, i HATE waterproof mascara for that very reason...it made my eyelashes crusty and as a result they'd literally break off
ssad.gif

Maybe the reason your eyelashes are falling out is that ur current mascara is drying them out? Try having a break from mascara if u can or maybe try a diff one?

makeupNdesign

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellienellie
I wondered if there was such a thing as a lash conditioner?

Apparently Urban Decay mascara has it in their formula, I just wondered if there was a separate thing to strengthen them?

Lancome has one I think. And mascara-wise Lancome is always a good bet.

revinn

It could be how you're removing your eye makeup / what product you're using to do so. So, maybe try using a gentler, moisturizing makeup remover. A GREAT one is Clinique Take the Day Off cleansing balm. You can use it all over the face, but to concentrate on removing eye makeup, dab some on a kleenex and GENTLY wipe it over the eye area. Don't tug or scrub at your eyelashes!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminbarley
Some people find that waterproof mascara dries out their lashes and causes them to be brittle.

this is true. using waterproof mascara too often cause them to dry out and break. that's why its only good for those occasions when you need it, and not every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revinn
It could be how you're removing your eye makeup / what product you're using to do so. So, maybe try using a gentler, moisturizing makeup remover. A GREAT one is Clinique Take the Day Off cleansing balm. You can use it all over the face, but to concentrate on removing eye makeup, dab some on a kleenex and GENTLY wipe it over the eye area. Don't tug or scrub at your eyelashes!

this was exactly what i was gonna post. if you're not using waterproof, then its not probably not your mascara, but how you're taking it off.

ellienellie

Great, thanks ladies.
I don't use waterproof mascara so I guess I must be kinda rough when removing it!
I'll try Clinique's remover
smiles.gif

lainz

ardell has a lash growth conditioning thing that works very well. its a bit hard to find....but most rite aids will carry it. if not, check beauty supply stores.

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by lainz
ardell has a lash growth conditioning thing that works very well. its a bit hard to find....but most rite aids will carry it. if not, check beauty supply stores.

I've heard a lot of good stuff about this. Drugstore.com carries it too, if you couldn't find it anywhere else.

I've had problems with certain mascaras causing me to lose more lashes than normal.
I think it was because they left my lashes brittle and dry, causing them to break.
You do have to be careful when removing your makeup, but I think it could be just as easily your mascara as it is how you take it off.
I've found Neutrogena Makeup Removing Towelettes and MAC Cleanse Off Oil to be great for taking off eye makeup without losing lots of lashes.

stacylynne

Did you ever hear of eyelash tinting? If you want the look of mascara. Get your eyelashes tinted & lay off the mascara for a while.

If you were in NY, I could rec. someone to you. Do your research b4 you get this done.
Good luck

xXmakeupaddictX

I've had the same problem with my lashes. I would recommend to use castor oil, slightly wiping your lashes with it (preferably before going to bed). I also use castor oil to remove my eye makeup. Since I do this, my lashes don't fall out that much anymore. And they seem to be thicker and longer.
smiles.gif

ellienellie

Thanks everyone
smiles.gif
most appreciated. I will have to try a few of those products mentioned (if I can find them) (one at a time, until the best one suits!) and hopefully something will work!

or I may just have to lay off the mascara for a while!!
winks.gif

brandyslove

Use eyelash growth serums. It will grow longer and fuller eyelashes and also make them stronger. I would recommend Latisse or FYSIKO. Also remove mascara every night. Use LANCOME bifacil as most gentle remover. APPLY moisturizer to the skin around your eyes.

Latest posts